Dance Tests

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DarthFurby

Dance Tests

Post by DarthFurby »

Stick figures, not the most exciting thing in the world, but great practice:

http://darthfurby.com/trebellina/trebmotiontests.html

funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

hehe, this is great :)
you should try copying each dance to an action, and creating a routine!
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Thanks Funk! I love doing these. Stick figure drawings are so expendable I can experiment without remorse.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

its amazing how much personality you can get into movement without actually spending days drawing! i think people can learn so much doing this stuff before they bother drawing characters and then making a complete hash of animating them!
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Are you kidding? I animate everything with stick figures first! Then I just trace in the final character artwork on top. Does wonders. I can't recommend stick figures highly enough.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I still think if you copy them to actions, and make a routine these could be as big as the dancing banana :D
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

DUDE! THESE ARE AWESOME :) :) :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i especially like the disproportionate heads lol
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Thanks Mikdog! I spent about 12 hours making these, but hardly noticed the time passing.

funk, actions are so last year, from now on it's all about Rudiger's MorphDials thanks to your awesome tutorials.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

OOH! even better!
Make actions with cycles so they repeat to infinity, then put each action on a circle with a control bone in the center and move it around to mix the dance moves... i CAN'T WAIT to see the results! it'll make a fun 'toy'!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

That's a really good tip about the stick figures that I plan to use. Then ou do the stuff on top of that. Awesome. Thanks man
Genete

Post by Genete »

Good work! (like usual)
-G
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

funk - The way your mind works scares me. But I'm game to try!

Mikdog - I'm really glad you liked my stick figures! It's hard for me to judge my work sometimes, but I do know that I've improved a lot thanks to the sticks. I plan to do a series of video tutorials that show step by step how I made them dance. They are such a great learning device, and I really think they will take a lot of the FEAR away from beginners. I will share ALL my animation secrets!

Genete - Between my stick figures and your dog avatar, it looks like we both have improved our animation skills by a lot. Thanks for the nice comment!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

DarthFurby wrote:I plan to do a series of video tutorials that show step by step how I made them dance. They are such a great learning device, and I really think they will take a lot of the FEAR away from beginners. I will share ALL my animation secrets!
Great idea! can't wait to see those! :)
RATHAHONNI

Post by RATHAHONNI »

DarthFurby wrote:Are you kidding? I animate everything with stick figures first! Then I just trace in the final character artwork on top. Does wonders. I can't recommend stick figures highly enough.
Good stuff very creative!,i noticed that the figures are all constantly repeating their actions,interesting i recently made a video for You Tube,where i took the Soul train line dancers and overdubbed the vid with some Native American Smoke dance songs,it seems to work amazingly well.It's not animation but it's just the thought on what works.Great stuff. I'd really like to see that process of tracing over the stick figures.
Rathahonni
http://www.youtube.com/user/RATHAHONNI