Animated character for a friend's website

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nimphaea

Animated character for a friend's website

Post by Nimphaea »

Hi everybody,

I would like to show you a project I'm working on. It's work in progress, but if you have comments, they are welcome!

I will be making several animations like this, with the same character. The character is based on a real person, and the animations will be published on her website, where each page of her site will have a custom animation where she tells something about her website as an animated character.

You can watch my first animation (work in progress) here:

http://www.animagie.nl/projects/donna/lmf.mov
fracturedray

Post by fracturedray »

Very nicely done Nimphaea!

You may want to post it on youtube or something. I had to save the file to watch it because it took to long to load trough the link.

I realize it is work in progress so I'll keep my comments to a minimum.

I think the character looks great. Goo design good line quality.

I recommend toning down the shadow blur behind her down to 0 if you plan to add shade to the rest of her like the face or make the shade on her face blurry. This way the image will be more consistent.

Also I'm sure you know this but the shadow behind her indicates a light on the left and the shadow on her face indicates a light on the right. :)
Hi animation world.
Nimphaea

Post by Nimphaea »

Thank you very much for your comments fracturedray!

In fact, the final animation will be exported to Flash. For that reason, I won't be able to use effects... I'm having trouble exporting the animation to Flash at the moment, that's the reason that I posted it as a mov. It's a pity I can't use effects, but since Flash has a shadow effect, I used that just to see how it would look.
Nimphaea

Post by Nimphaea »

Here is an update:

http://www.animagie.nl/projects/donna/2.mov

(Sorry, I can't post the animations on YouTube yet, until the final website is launched)
Steverino

Post by Steverino »

That looks great! Was the head-turn done point-by-point just for this shot, or were blend morphs or some kind of complex bone rigging involved?
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Very nicely done, especially the part where the head comes forward as she curtsies.
Nimphaea

Post by Nimphaea »

Thank you for your kind replies!

@Steverino:
The head turn was done bij using a switch layer. In the first layer I have drawn the face from 3/4 view. In the second layer I used the points of the first layer to draw the shape of the side of the head. In the third layer I also made a shape of the front. They all share the same points. That is also how I made the head move when she bows.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Beautiful done!! I like how to whole character moves when talking, it makes it more realistic and smooth.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Wow. This is really great.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Very nice. Great portfolio too. How much of your work is done in ASP?