Major Tom cartoon - 5 mins

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gametrog

Major Tom cartoon - 5 mins

Post by Gametrog »

Whew!! OK, I started this in the middle of February, so it's 3.5 months in the making. I would say about 50-60 hours or so. I decided to take on a large project eraly in my Anime Studio training to try a bunch of techniques. And while there are MANY things I would like to go tweek... I'm really ready to move on to another project, and I'm sick of hearing the song!! : )

I have made many live action videos of my son (Evan), and we are both avid NASA fans, so I decided to mix him in to one of my old favorite songs.

All artwork was mainly done in Illustrator and then imported into Anime Studio 6 Pro on a mac. I then combined everything in iMovie. I did recently purchase Adobe CS4 Master Collection so I am working on a enhanced compilation using Adobe Premier and After Effect (new to them so its a lesson thing also). If that final version turns out much different, I'll post it later.

Let me know what you think. I'm so very glad it is done!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_AFd9Seg5E
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Wow! Nice story telling. All of the different shots give it a good pace and keeps things interesting the whole way through.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Nicely done. I especially like all the shots where you mimicked some of the well-known NASA images.
Gametrog

Post by Gametrog »

Yea, I used NASA heavily. I really wanted to do the classic shot where one of the stages of the rocket are falling away to the earth, and your getting the inside camera shot. but alas, no space for it.

I story boarded the whole thing out with pictures and stills before i got started. But I was amazed at how much I ended up cutting out as I began to flesh out the cartoon (which was actually great because it meant I didn't have to make an entire new scene).

Another issue were scenes like the president. I researched the oval office and gathered all kinds of pictures. And even wanted to make the desk the proper desk, which I did for the most part. Probably spent a full 5 hours, nights work on the scene and illustrations... for about 3 seconds... but what do you do.
Durand

Post by Durand »

Ha Ha. Great! I had almost forgotten that song.