walk test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

minimacman

walk test

Post by minimacman »

this is a walk animation I did. The mouse was done by me with the use of the ever handy wacom tablet. Background is something I downloaded off the net for the test. (Studio Art FX)

http://www.zippyvideos.com/101558704248635.html
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

It would ad a lot of life to the walk if you have the mouses head bobbing a little, plus his other arm should move a little, even with his hand in the sweat shirt like it is.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I'm new to this too, but it seems like the feet are "skidding" across the path, rather than being planted in one spot. But the animation itself is smooth.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

jorgy wrote:I'm new to this too, but it seems like the feet are "skidding" across the path, rather than being planted in one spot. But the animation itself is smooth.
All you can see in that video is from his waste up...how are you commenting on his feet? Or do you mean the whole body looks like the feet are probably sliding instead of stepping?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

My apologies - I meant to be replying to this topic:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1653
RASH

Post by RASH »

LittleFenris wrote:It would ad a lot of life to the walk if you have the mouses head bobbing a little, plus his other arm should move a little, even with his hand in the sweat shirt like it is.
This is called "secundary action" isn't it? I think it is one of the hardest things to do without messing up the primary action, especially if you haven't done it very often.

@minimacman: If you don't mind, I thought I saw less arm movements then I heared steps, but I could be wrong, because the (Moho) frame rate is rather low.
minimacman

Post by minimacman »

Your right. Making his head move and a bit of movement in the other arm would help a lot.

Not sure about the sliding comment. I take all things in consideration though.

Your right Rash, it's very hard to do that secundary action. I've been trying to play the actions out, but I just bought a camera to record myself so I see how everything moves and then animate off that. I'll definitely add those touches though. When I edited the animation and added the sound effects it sounded right on with the movement. I appreciate the info.

This character is from a personal project I'm working on that will be about 30 minutes long once it's complete and animated completely on Moho.
RASH

Post by RASH »

Can't wait to see it. Good luck!