character test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Acochran_89

character test

Post by Acochran_89 »

Well I haven't posted anything for quite sometime due to being extremely busy at work. But I had some down time and threw together this quick little character test. There's no plans for it really, I was just bored and wanted to animate something. The animation is semi dull, but it get's the point across which is all I was going for at the moment.

This was my first attempt at using the mandcon rig for the arms. It turned out to be as great as it was said to be. Any questions, comments, concerns, critiques or whatever are welcome as always. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-an0kjlh3hI
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I liked it. Left me wanting to see more, which I always think is a good sign. Body was a bit stiff, which I often have problems with...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I can almost imagine him saying, "Dude, that's my beer! Hand it over."

I like it too. Hope to see more with it.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Soooo try your own style dude, this is nice but it's exactly like Mike Parker's. (http://cuanimation.tumblr.com/)
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

yes I know it is lol. It's even more like mike parkers Clock Suckers. However, I don't care. It was just a test and I'm no artist and tend to borrow bits of styles. There's many Family Guy and Simpson's mimics. Watch Nickelodean and half the cartoons look the same. It was a style I was I found appealing and decided to try out at the moment. But thank you for your critique. And just to throw it out there, the style of College University and Clock Suckers was not invented by the Parker brothers. It's a pretty basic style of drawing and is a lot like the characters from an old cartoon called Mission Hill.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

lets go with that.
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Yeah! Cool!
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Nice! I dig the design and the colors. Hope to see more of this character soon!
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

Thanks everyone! As of now there are no actual plans for this character. Of course, i always have the thought of making and actually completing a short of some sort. However I rarely finish them and have been extremely busy lately. However, I will certainly attempt to find some time to go further with him and create something out of it. Thanks everyone!
Acochran_89

UPDATE

Post by Acochran_89 »

hello everyone. Here's another test of the same character. This time it's just a basic walk. His feet are still sliding a tad bit, and he comes out of the walk a little funny. But again, I put it together fairly fast, it get's the point across, and I'm simply not that great at walk cycles lol. Questions, comments, concerns, jokes, critiques, or whatever you want to say are welcome as always.

Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClV9RzEz6Co
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Looks great and the movements fit well with the drawing style.

The sliding seems very slight. I think if you positioned each keyframe based on the foot positions using onion skins as a guide it would be perfect.
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

posted an update of the walk. A little less bounce to the step, and fixed the awkward transition out of the walk. The feet sliding are still bothering me though. But it's better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ8vRIM0zsY

edit: Looking at it, now that the feet are actually touching the ground the entire time the sliding is actually more apparent than before. Crap :oops:
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Looks good! I just noticed though that in both walks, the crotch moves up and down relative to the belt line. I think they should stay the same distance from each other all the time.