Funny political animation I'm working on.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gametrog

Funny political animation I'm working on.

Post by Gametrog »

OK, first off, if your bothered by the tame content then just turn the sound down and watch the animation. This took me about 15-20 hours. Most of the time was building the characters. After building all the various bits, bones, switches and layers I needed, it took about 5-6 hours to animate everything. (rough time, did not track). Anyway, I pretty happy.

This is done with Version 6 Debut. Im currently building a "front end" to this animation which will be you basic news caster guy sitting at the desk, going "live" to a reporter on the street. But I wanted to share where it has gotten so far.

Special tricks I wanted to try on this include:
Bouncing Boobs (who doesnt want to try this?)
Earrings swaying (could be better but it was the last thing I did)
Background subtle animation (crowd)
Lots of small motions on the characters to keep everything moving.
Point animation (various areas)

I did a few different rotation methods (Object VS. Layer) trying to figure out when and where to use which.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHF5HfNldpw[/url]
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I like it, nice secondary animation and I like the line work.

Could use a bit of stretch and squash, especially on the head movments.

Might be fun to give a bit of follow through on that hair strand on the forehead of the back girl.

Cant wait to see where it will go! :)

G
Gametrog

Post by Gametrog »

GCharb wrote:I like it, nice secondary animation and I like the line work.

Could use a bit of stretch and squash, especially on the head movments.

Might be fun to give a bit of follow through on that hair strand on the forehead of the back girl.

Cant wait to see where it will go! :)

G
Thanks for the input. I'll have to visit the stretch and squash technique. The hair would be an easy modification, but I also see her as having stiff hair that a hurricane wouldn't move! : )
wena

Post by wena »

Gametrog, I love your animation, its smooth, the only thing I can think of is the hair peace on the lady in the back a little swish (bone movement) would be a great action.
Gametrog

Post by Gametrog »

wena wrote:Gametrog, I love your animation, its smooth, the only thing I can think of is the hair peace on the lady in the back a little swish (bone movement) would be a great action.
Thanks, that would be an easy addition.

The interesting thing I learned (or bagan to do) on this one was to animate 1 thing all they way through before moving on to another. Kind of like this:

man lips (sync), woman1 lips, woman2 lips, man eyes, man head tilt...

Heavy woman: eyes, lids, head tilt, body tilt, boobs...

but basically I would take one action or small group of actions and animate them all the way, then go back to the very begining and pick another area,. I went very smoothly - not sure if others works this way (when a project allows).

ALSO" I purchased the Full Version and could not be happier! Next project to post is 45 secs into 4:00 (uhg)