New Series I'm Working on.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I'm interested in the voice acting website you visited?
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Mikdog wrote:I'm interested in the voice acting website you visited?
Here you go. Seems like a really good place to start.
http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi?
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:You're really bringing everything together nicely on this project. (hehe, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a little envious! Although I may be the only one trying to live vicariously through you? ;D) The screen test for Haleys is a beautiful voice, especially if you can get him to bring out more of the sound he has when he says "champion your people."

I saw your thread on the voice acting site and I'll admit that I tried recording some of Eve's lines to see if I could remotely pull it off. Hehe, not even close! But I think I may know why you're not getting a lot of auditions for Eve. From what I can tell, it's a really hard role; she has a lot of really dramatic, emotional lines. Easier lines would probably result in more auditions, but then again, you need someone who can do the difficult lines, too! :D So it may just be a matter of waiting for someone with that level of talent.

It's also hard to imagine what Eve would sound like. From her appearance, I thought of Xena, who has a really bad-ass voice with a hint of feeling tormented. And the lines you provided seemed to reinforce that idea. But in the description you say she's very proper and educated. And then there's also the historical dimension so I thought of a more gentle and proper persona. And with a more epic/non-modern accent (like Galadriel from LOTR). But I noticed you said American accent. Essentially, I didn't know how to reconcile the different aspects of Eve's character. Of course the VAs probably know what they're doing and have experience developing character voices. But it may help to provide more information about what you're envisioning. In what ways is she proper and in what ways is she a bad-ass hero? An example of a famous character with a similar voice/persona would be helpful, too.

Ah! After getting excited about your project, it's hard to go back to working on mine. ;D
Awwww I really appreciate that. Yeah I hope I can keep these guys on, I just sent them the pay scale. Eeeeeeeeek. Its hard to know what to ask for. I did a little research. so far I know they usually get paid by the line. and usually dont make a lot for unrecognized voices. I'm shooting for $300 in my budget. For two voice actors at 6 lines per minute (roughly) and Im guessing about 18 minutes of dialoge for the pilot episode. Thats about 108 lines. Well you see my delima. I dont think I can afford more than 3 actors, but this project means alot, so I may have to go pan handling. If anyone knows what the average voice actor gets paid per line let me know, Because I need to know if im even in the ball park. The Voice Acting Club specifies that they dont ask for money, because its a way of building a portfolio. I just dont think thats fair, and I want these guys to stay on.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

neomarz1 wrote:
lwaxana wrote: I saw your thread on the voice acting site and I'll admit that I tried recording some of Eve's lines to see if I could remotely pull it off. Hehe, not even close! But I think I may know why you're not getting a lot of auditions for Eve. From what I can tell, it's a really hard role; she has a lot of really dramatic, emotional lines. Easier lines would probably result in more auditions, but then again, you need someone who can do the difficult lines, too! :D So it may just be a matter of waiting for someone with that level of talent. ;D
Awwww I really appreciate that. Yeah I hope I can keep these guys on, I just sent them the pay scale. Eeeeeeeeek. Its hard to know what to ask for. I did a little research. so far I know they usually get paid by the line. and usually dont make a lot for unrecognized voices. I'm shooting for $300 in my budget. For two voice actors at 6 lines per minute (roughly) and Im guessing about 18 minutes of dialoge for the pilot episode. Thats about 108 lines. Well you see my delima. I dont think I can afford more than 3 actors, but this project means alot, so I may have to go pan handling. If anyone knows what the average voice actor gets paid per line let me know, Because I need to know if im even in the ball park. The Voice Acting Club specifies that they dont ask for money, because its a way of building a portfolio. I just dont think thats fair, and I want these guys to stay on.

I was thinking of an English Voice, but Im on the fence. Eve is originally from France, at least thats where she was executed by the church. So I imagine that she has spent alot of time in europe. She comes to the united states during the late 1800's, and the story takes place in the year 2020. She more than likely would have lost the accent. Yeah, your right though, I need to not make her near as complex. I cant say she's proper, and yet a killing machine. I dunno maybe I can, that sounded pretty cool. LOL
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Great News! Both Voice actors were O.k. with my proposal. They are staying on. Marzout
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Ok, here is my updated version of the DreamWalker sequence.
Hope you like the fixes. Just sent out the first script lines for Jake and Haleys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TnHSOe6p8
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

That looks great! :D The sound really adds to the mood. Glad everything worked out with your VAs, too!
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:That looks great! :D The sound really adds to the mood. Glad everything worked out with your VAs, too!
Well I took your advice. Having a little trouble having my VA's getting back to me. Not sure whats going on. Bit frustrating. I need patience I guess. Mars out! By the way ive been following your project, characters look great!
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Thanks. :) Sorry to hear about the VA troubles. It is really tough working on a project with others when everyone is invested in it at different levels. Especially when you need something from them in order to proceed (like voices!). Btw, I was going to send you an audition for Freya, but you must have found an actor for that. :D
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:Thanks. :) Sorry to hear about the VA troubles. It is really tough working on a project with others when everyone is invested in it at different levels. Especially when you need something from them in order to proceed (like voices!). Btw, I was going to send you an audition for Freya, but you must have found an actor for that. :D
Yeah, I do actually. I appreciate the offer though.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Actually Here is The Freya Screen Test. I have Laura Post doing the voice, and she does an excellent job. Im amazed at the talent thats coming towards my project. The other two VA's are still on, just slow progress I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziicKUJn3gA
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I really like that scene. The actress is awesome! :D
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:I really like that scene. The actress is awesome! :D
Yeah, im not sure whats going on here. The dialogue seems to match mouth movements, but after posting on youtube its seems messed up. Has anyone had dialogue problems... What are the most common problems here? (movie format, frame rate, ect...)
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

:D :D :D NEW SCENE :D :D :D

Here is Freya's intro to the Dream Walker scene. Kinda rough, hows it look so far? Marzout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_HzmZoFRmQ
Last edited by neomarz1 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

THE FIRST THING I NOTICED ( and I know this is rough ) is the arms on the "demons" must sway more, look more fluid then forced! As well as, Freya's arms need to be out like a hawk when she swoops in.

If your bringing her into a scene as more of a character who is coming to the aid of a child, you are going to want a different angle to hold up the suspense.

Otherwise, it's looking really good.