New Series I'm Working on.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote: If other avenues don't work out for voice actors, folks in the forum might be able to help out. A lot of people voice their own cartoons so they might enjoy the voice acting aspect and have pretty good mics. I might treat myself to a decent mic pretty soon. If I do, I may be able to do some female voices. It depends on what kind of voices you need and what level of crappiness you can accept. ;) I've also noticed a lot of people hold auditions for fan dubs etc. on youtube and a few of the actors there are really good. :D Of course, your best bet is probably a voice acting club.
O.k. I took your advice, and yes I found a Voice Acting Club. I started setting up my casting call requirements last night. I'll let you all know how it goes.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

How exciting! I can't wait to see your characters with voices and dialog. That will give us viewers more of a feel for their personalities. Good luck! :D
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:How exciting! I can't wait to see your characters with voices and dialog. That will give us viewers more of a feel for their personalities. Good luck! :D
Yeah, a bit nervous about the whole process, but I guess this is how its done.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Well I just started getting in a few Auditions for my Haleys character. Brian Tubbs is one of the VA (Voice Actors)To first respond. Im very excited to use him for Haleys or Jake Berrautta (My two lead characters) To be a little honest, He's very good. I feel a bit out of my league with a guy like this, but I think he really likes the project, and wants to be involved. It looks like he has submitted work to some pretty big media companies. Like DC Verse (Superman/Clark Kent), and Star Trek Phase Two. I think he plays spock (on youtube). Just need a VA for Eve, and we got a good start. Now Iwaxana got me going in the right direction, so a big thanks to her. Now I need suggestions from you guys on the best way to promote the pilot. Film festivals, shows, just give me anything.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Don't know if you've seen this thread:

how to make a Tv proposal

In particular, jahnocli mentions two sites that might be relevant to you:
Just a Tad. Some good advice there. For funding, try sites like IndieGogo
Very exciting about the voice talent; that will definitely take it to the next level.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

neeters_guy wrote:Don't know if you've seen this thread:

In particular, jahnocli mentions two sites that might be relevant to you:
Just a Tad. Some good advice there. For funding, try sites like IndieGogo
Very exciting about the voice talent; that will definitely take it to the next level.
Thanks a bunch Neeters. That is a big help. One of the auditons is asking if I plan to show my work at any film festivals. does anyone have any good suggestions?

.... On another note. Here is the updated Dream Walker scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Lw-u3Ldlo
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

That dream walker scene is awesome! Very moody.

One suggestion is to change the order of the shots. It looks like the first shot is the mansion that Eve is inside of. The second shot shows Eve's face as she's sleeping. Then it zooms away from her face to the room she's in. This takes you into Eve's emotional state for a second and then pulls you away as though the important thing is actually what's going on out in the room. But then the next shot shows what she's dreaming about. So if you reordered the sleeping shot and the zoom (making it a zoom in instead of a zoom out) the audience might better understand the relationship between the shots.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:That dream walker scene is awesome! Very moody.

One suggestion is to change the order of the shots. It looks like the first shot is the mansion that Eve is inside of. The second shot shows Eve's face as she's sleeping. Then it zooms away from her face to the room she's in. This takes you into Eve's emotional state for a second and then pulls you away as though the important thing is actually what's going on out in the room. But then the next shot shows what she's dreaming about. So if you reordered the sleeping shot and the zoom (making it a zoom in instead of a zoom out) the audience might better understand the relationship between the shots.

Great Suggestion, Thanks again!
jose1984alberto

Post by jose1984alberto »

neeters_guy wrote:Don't know if you've seen this thread:

hey! thats my thread!... nice to know that its usefull for somebody else!
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Brian Tubbs has Taken the slot for my character Jake Berrautta.
here is the screen test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4iF4jDvzC4

And the Screen test for Kieran Thomas Flitton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMsPsCK06EU
jose1984alberto

Post by jose1984alberto »

character design loks great, i would work a bit on the lipsync and animation, it moves a bit randomly.

i would work a bit in camara movements too
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

jose1984alberto wrote:character design loks great, i would work a bit on the lipsync and animation, it moves a bit randomly.

i would work a bit in camara movements too
Yeah, I was just rushing the screen test to see how the voice and characters looked, And I used auto dialogue quickly fixed a fixed a few obvious bad lipsinks. It wont happen again :wink:
Ice1991

Post by Ice1991 »

first of all I gotta say WOW :shock:
lol but seriously, This is awesome! I've never seen anyone make an actual "Anime" type of animation in AS (well at least that I know of.)

But once again, this is awesome! can't wait to see it finished :wink:
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Ice1991 wrote:first of all I gotta say WOW :shock:
lol but seriously, This is awesome! I've never seen anyone make an actual "Anime" type of animation in AS (well at least that I know of.)

But once again, this is awesome! can't wait to see it finished :wink:
I appreciate that ice. Im pretty excited about moving this project forward.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

You're really bringing everything together nicely on this project. (hehe, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a little envious! Although I may be the only one trying to live vicariously through you? ;D) The screen test for Haleys is a beautiful voice, especially if you can get him to bring out more of the sound he has when he says "champion your people."

I saw your thread on the voice acting site and I'll admit that I tried recording some of Eve's lines to see if I could remotely pull it off. Hehe, not even close! But I think I may know why you're not getting a lot of auditions for Eve. From what I can tell, it's a really hard role; she has a lot of really dramatic, emotional lines. Easier lines would probably result in more auditions, but then again, you need someone who can do the difficult lines, too! :D So it may just be a matter of waiting for someone with that level of talent.

It's also hard to imagine what Eve would sound like. From her appearance, I thought of Xena, who has a really bad-ass voice with a hint of feeling tormented. And the lines you provided seemed to reinforce that idea. But in the description you say she's very proper and educated. And then there's also the historical dimension so I thought of a more gentle and proper persona. And with a more epic/non-modern accent (like Galadriel from LOTR). But I noticed you said American accent. Essentially, I didn't know how to reconcile the different aspects of Eve's character. Of course the VAs probably know what they're doing and have experience developing character voices. But it may help to provide more information about what you're envisioning. In what ways is she proper and in what ways is she a bad-ass hero? An example of a famous character with a similar voice/persona would be helpful, too.

Ah! After getting excited about your project, it's hard to go back to working on mine. ;D