New Series I'm Working on.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gravly

Post by gravly »

Wow - I just realised there are 13 pages of this comments thread and multiple animations posted. I was commenting on your very first posted one on this thread so I have lots more to check out. I am curious how much of your animation is vector based. Looking at the last image in DiplomatDeathMarchDVD.mpeg there is a LOT of detail. It's going to take some study to see how you acheived those effects. Highlights, gradients which are supposed to be a no no, metallic shading. Very nice nuanced line thicknesses too.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

gravly wrote:I think this opening sequence is fantastic. Really nice pacing and excellent action direction which is not visually confusing. You get introduced to some of the characters skills and abilities which, as a first intro, is a good thing. I expect over the course of a number of episodes (if you do that) your opening sequence would evolve through splicing in other moments from the series which will serve to deepen the characterisations.

Don't be distracted by criticisms which aren't constructive or relevant to where you're at. William Blake said 'Never did the eagle lose so much time as when he deigned to learn from the crow.'
Nice, I appreciate that a lot. I have actually learned something from each person that leaves a critique. But your comment is very much on point!... My goal is to evolve with the project. I will go back and fix major problems when the episode is complete. I already have a couple things in mind. Thanks for the comment.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

:shock: :shock: Updated Scene for "The Gate" :shock: :shock:

Added sound effects and finished a majority of the pub scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqkReUK23s8
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

:shock: :shock: The Gate Scene at 75% :shock: :shock:
Well, Here is the scene at 75%, I added some music scoring (who knows if it will change)... I'm so tired of showing scenes without BGM. It adds so much to a scene. Brian sent in some update dialogue... It added more punch to the scene. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the scene. It really has taken alot out of me, I have been working on it at all kinds of odd hours. I need to take a break, I started to lose it on the last part of the scene, with Haleys and the Hyphostreed jumping out into the city streets. I really had no idea how to get this scene to work, but It's pretty close to what I had imagined. Well, take care and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkkhFPrvS1Y
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Nice one! This scene does a great job creating a sense of immediacy and that what the characters do or don't do will make a difference.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Every video just keeps getting better and better. Really very well done!
~Danimal
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

lwaxana wrote:Nice one! This scene does a great job creating a sense of immediacy and that what the characters do or don't do will make a difference.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this scene. It's kinda of funny, but the scene was re written to accomidate another voice actor. I felt particularly bad when I had closed the auditions early. I decided the scene was worth writing more material for. Two things accomplished through the rewrite. First thing... To add depth to Gunter. Second thing to find a spot for another talent. This rewrite was something I wanted to avoid, but thanks to a late audition... I actually came out with a better scene. Funny how these things work out!
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Danimal wrote:Every video just keeps getting better and better. Really very well done!
Appreciate that Danimal... I was worried about this scene. I'm still not sure that it totally achieved what I first intended, but sometimes I actually end up liking these scenes more... a month after they are created. For the longest time the execution scene with Goya was my favorite... I think I like this scene a lot as well... Not sure its my favorited, but it has depth to it! Thanks again
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Here is the fourth scene in the pilot episode... Just Two Scenes to go, and the pilot will be finished!

:shock: :shock: Scene Four :shock: :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwnaWPAkPac
gravly

Post by gravly »

If you're done tweaking then this is only a very minor point: I would halve the speed of the sky scrolling in the first scene.

I am on someone else's S-L-O-W internet connection so I didn't get much past that. Looking forward to seeing this episode in full.
Mikdog

Re: New Series I'm Working on.

Post by Mikdog »

Wonder what happened to this series?
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

An excellent question, and in fact when I saw this thread moved to the top I thought maybe there was a new installment. It was not only great but really showed Anime Studio in a flattering light.
~Danimal
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Hmm, it looks like it went to DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Eve-of-October/dp ... of+october

Not bad!
~Danimal