Ines head .anme (a complex character)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Ines head .anme (a complex character)

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I'm working in a project which include this character
They gave me it sepparated in pngs to make some cutout animation. But, actually, I don't like cutout animation and I prefer the fluidity of vectors for this kind of characters, so I decided to try to get the look but using vectors.
Here is the result of my experiments
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lt3ogodotjw/Ines.zip
The file includes a .anme, a rendered .mov and a folder with some images resources the file uses.

Even when it looks a very complex file, animate it is relatively easy and fast. I'm planning to make some actions with most common poses to accelerate the animation process. I'm planning to do lipsync using ramón's lipsync with actions script.

I hope this file can inspire some of you. It's too something like a "why I love AS drawing tools political manifest"
Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KenW

Post by KenW »

Awesome! 8)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Looks great, Selgin! Very cute.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Imago

Post by Imago »

Very cute! :D
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
knunk

Post by knunk »

Really nice Selgin.. my only crit would be the last smiling mouth is way too big.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Very Nice and cute character. Laughing and happy child.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you all for your kind words.
knunk wrote:Really nice Selgin.. my only crit would be the last smiling mouth is way too big.
Thanks for the advice, knunk, I will reduce the size of the mouth on the "real animation" (this character will be part of a videoclip for children), I just did a test with a small smile and you are right, it works better. I'm still working on it and I hope to upload a new version soon. Tonight I will work on the body.

One thing I have to say is that gradients and texture controlers are awesome. I'm using them alot, for example, teeth and lips have gradients which changes depending of the mouth shape. Hair is made with 11 vector layers all with the same texture inside, using the controlers I gave each hair part its own texture, without having to use one png for each hair part, which would mean a lot more work.
I'm working too in some texture tests for movements. I will try to post the experiments soon on tips and techniques section, but here is a gif which can give an idea of what I mean (it's just a test, not a finished character, actually it should have legs).
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Nice work selgin! I love the skin texture. ;)
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Wow, thanks for the file download selgin, I will study it carefully. I very much like the look that you have achieved in ASP using that paper textured png file. Also the hair is nicely done.
I will look at this file and maybe ask some questions about how you got this look later if that's okay.
Good luck with this project.

udd
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

uddhava wrote:Wow, thanks for the file download selgin, I will study it carefully. I very much like the look that you have achieved in ASP using that paper textured png file. Also the hair is nicely done.
I will look at this file and maybe ask some questions about how you got this look later if that's okay.
Good luck with this project.

udd
Thanks, uddhava. Please, if you have any question, just ask, I'll be glad to help you. I always find interesting to look to someone else's files, so I try to share most of my files (at least which I can share). Sometimes we can learn a lot from a file.
Anyway, on this file you will find that most of the "magic" is based on soft edges, brushes and point animation :roll:
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

I don't know about others, but I have separate directory in my hard disk for selgin's work. Great material for study. He is a great one for uploading his work.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

kkrawal wrote:I don't know about others, but I have separate directory in my hard disk for selgin's work. Great material for study. He is a great one for uploading his work.
that's nice, kkrawal :oops:
I hope my files could help you on your own projects. Right now I'm collecting several files to send them to Mike Clifton and then maybe be part of the library on future versions. I'm cleaning them trying to let them as easy to use and understand as possible.
Sorry for them who don't like the size of the library, but I think it is a good way to share files and let users know the real power of AS.

I have been unable to continue with the girl project this days, but I hope to upload more advances soon.