Character Chart

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Acochran_89

Character Chart

Post by Acochran_89 »

Hello all

this is a character chart for a character i'm developing in a project that my brother and I are attempting to get started. He is a zombie!!!!!
There are a few facial expressions in there too along with a Front, back, and 3/4 view. Tell me what you think!!

One thing I definitely am thinking about changing is his "default" expression. Even though he IS a dead guy, I want him to be a live character...if that makes any sense lol. But we'll see

let me know what you think

Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

Here's another character in development...
feel free to let me know what you guys think :wink:
WTC

Post by WTC »

He IS perfectly ok :D maybe he was using some sort of prank again and for what reason? :shock:
CLIFTON BEACH!
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

very nice and detailed character. How will you insert ( Anime Studio Mouth) in the character, because some places your mouth shape will conflict with mouth shapes?.
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

well there's not going to be talking really. It's going to be told through the character's expressions and actions for the most part, but the mouth shapes that i've had to use so far i've been able to fit to the character fine.

and a lot of times i'll only use the anime studio mouths as a reference point for the general shape, then shape it around the character.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

The designs have a lot of character. I especially like the zombie :D
Have you got a storyline ready for the project ?
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

i'm still in the process of working on the overall story.

It's really kind of like a classic cartoon with a more modern style I guess. The zombie wants to eat the kids brains, and will come up with various schemes in order to do so, yet will fail with most attempts.

We both have a lot of free time, so doing a sort of series is a more appealing idea for us than a short film. We're still developing everything (characters, background art, various ideas for different schemes). The thing I am working on the most at the moment is really developing these two characters. I've got the looks, now I'm working on finding personalities through movement and expressions to bring the characters to life.

oh and Amiga Man, I was glad to see you finally updated your blog! Great stuff!
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

Well i figure since I shared the characters with you guys, I should share some of the back grounds too!

Here is one of the first backgrounds we've come up with. It's not completely done yet. We've still got some shading to add, but this is pretty much it.

My brother does the background art, I just kind of lead him in the direction that we need based on the story and such. He attempted to use several different programs such as G.I.M.P and Inkscape, but ended up going back to his roots and used good old Windows Paint lol. We used to make a lot of cartoons that way. Anyways...here it is!

Let me know what you think :wink:

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

It's looking great! You and your brother make a great team.
Now, if I could just get my brother roped in on my stuff :D
JakuB½

Post by JakuB½ »

Marvelous. Love them both. If you were in your free time, could you take a few to make a character creating tutorial? I've a very well expanded, and I could make some STELLAR characters.
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

Amigaman: Lol! Thanks. We've always just kind of worked together on projects. Even outside of animation lol. We are even in a band together.

JakuB1/2: I can see what I can do..i don't know that I'm good enough at 1:animating/character design and 2: explaining things clearly, to make a tutorial. BUT if you never know, i will see what I can come up with, but i'm not making any promises! And thanks for the positive feedback!
JakuB½

Post by JakuB½ »

ty and np.
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

just to keep updated..

after a few animation tests, I've decided the background direction isn't working well with the characters...back to the drawing boards I go.

Little bro is currently distracted with a new video game, so i might have to tackle this one on my own. Which sucks...because I'm really bad at doing backgrounds for some reason. :oops:

Hopefully I'll come up with something good tomorrow, for now it is bed time!

If any one wants to see if they can come with something that they think will work with the characters and share it, I'd be more than happy and grateful lol. or just maybe some advise as to a direction I should head in and a link or two to an example if possible.
realsnake

Post by realsnake »

this is the 1rst time, I've heard of a zombie that sleeps and not only sleeps but also in a coffin! Were you planning to give'em a proper burial after shooting him in the head :oops:
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

His lair is his tomb...my bad didn't realize I had to be politically correct about a CARTOON zombie lol. He had to be buried at some point, hence the coffin...

however, as I said, that background isn't working well with the character design so it's not being used.