My short clip of running SnowBuni girl

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Sexist? What you talkin' about Willis?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

You mean your wife doesn't look like her too? Too bad. :lol:
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I see a cartoon wearing a swim suit and ski boots.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Yeah, you're right I shouldn't presume. But are you not guilty of doing the same? How do you know that she's not a rocket scientist testing a new design for a spacesuit where the oxygen tanks are up front? :wink:
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I get it,sexy lady sells.
It's just that i'd like to think all animators would think beyond the usual sexual stereotypes - it make for such boring imagery.
And male cartoons characters aren't drawn with six back abs?

I wanted to enter a contest. Only open to good looking young professionals under 30. I need a contest for fat old guys with beards.

Dale
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

sexual stereotypes?? noooooo..... :shock:

oh - well maybe... :roll:

(snowbuni image copyright © 2011 Jeffrey H Wood acknowledged!)
npcomplete

Post by npcomplete »

well I've been occasionally following neeter's snowbunni comic and I think it's fine. Now I'll probably regret jumping in, but it's in no way "sexist" either. First sexism can only be applied to people, based on real actions. Secondly, real sexism is defined by unequal treatment based on gender.

This is actually quite the opposite! As dueyftw mentioned about depiction of males, if girls want to salivate over hunky or suave or hot men with unbuttoned shirts, that's perfectly fine too (and many gals went to see the 300 movie just for the sausagefest) Also very much the case with the fangirls' art on devianart for example.

Of course, that doesn't mean you have to like or agree with it. Different strokes for different folks. But since there's also equal opportunity of expression here, where no one is suppressing another based on gender, there's also no sexism. When its conflated with other issues, it actually trivializes what real sexism is.
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

acid breakdown wrote:Perhaps I should not have used the word 'sexist'. Its more an issue of bad taste. I should have been more specific/constructive.

The character lack originality and conforms to old fashioned and outdated depictions of the female form. I suggest rather than copying a blowup Barbie doll shape you might want to reduce the grotesque bolt-on balloon breasts and get her panties out of her butt.

Oh and maybe if the creator stops using school boy humor like "Front view walk. Bumpity-bumpity-bump. :wink: " to describe his characters anatomy then I might not comment.
The animation is good and I'm sure neeter has a bright future...but if he puts this kind of sleazy character design is on his reel he better hope the Prduction Manager shares his sense of bad taste or she might just put it straight in the trash.
You may or may not have valid points about neeters' character, to each their own, and I am sure he will take your dislike into consideration.

I just have a problem the tone you came off at. Instead of popping off calling his design looking like something dressed as a whore, you could of tastefully suggested your dislike and added some criticism that would actually add some thing helpful to the thread.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
acid breakdown

Post by acid breakdown »

Last edited by acid breakdown on Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.