My short clip of running SnowBuni girl

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

My short clip of running SnowBuni girl

Post by neeters_guy »

Hello, this is my first post. I finally decided to join after learning ASP for the past year and mining the fantastic resources on this forum.

Here's are 2 short clips of SnowBuni, a character created by my friend Jeff Wood:

SnowBuni Cartoon Intro

SnowBuni and HoniBuni's Dance Party

I built and animated the character in ASP, exported as a mov file. The background was created with Particle Illusion SE and the animated logo was created with Sothink SWF Easy and exported as an avi. The whole thing was composited in Premiere.

Feel free to comment if you wish.

I look forward to participating on this forum! :)

edit: add screenshots and dance party link to first post.
Last edited by neeters_guy on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Great Work. Nice Work. I saw this many times. Nice Fire effect.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

kkrawal wrote:Great Work. Nice Work. I saw this many times. Nice Fire effect.
That effect was also created in Particle Illusion. I applied a posterize filter to it to make it look more cartoony. Not sure if it's quite right, but thanks for the compliment.
neeters_guy

Re: My short clip of running SnowBuni girl

Post by neeters_guy »

Another test clip, a bit longer at 16 secs.

Comments on the character design or animation are welcome, as usual.

edit: add link to first post
Last edited by neeters_guy on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

neeters_guy wrote:Another test clip, a bit longer at 16 secs.

Comments on the character design or animation are welcome, as usual.
The 2D stuff is much better than the 3D one also on youtube, imho. The girl is the purple is hotter than the one in grey, but I'd hot tub with either. Assuming both was not an option.

How did you draw these buni's? The characters are drawn well, is it shading? Are they drawn in another app and cut out animated in AS, or image as a brush?

As far as the characters go, I think they are ready for a script.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

rogermate wrote:The 2D stuff is much better than the 3D one also on youtube, imho.
I agree. I like 3D, but it takes sooo long to build a character. I'm just a one-man show, so AS is the way to go (for now).
rogermate wrote:How did you draw these buni's? The characters are drawn well, is it shading? Are they drawn in another app and cut out animated in AS, or image as a brush?
All drawn in AS, over a tracing image. It would've been easier to import images, but I decided I needed control over points to correct some bad bone deformations.

Here's a graphic showing how the head and shading is constructed.
rogermate wrote:As far as the characters go, I think they are ready for a script.
I hope so soon. Thanks for the encouragement! :)
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Looks good so far, nice work! ;)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but I've just revived this animation project involving my friend's character Snowbuni. The basis for these rigs is my Lily mod from the CW. I typically spend 4 to 6 hours per view, adding layers and bones in the process.

As in 3D modeling, I spend a good amount of time deformation testing: Check pose-tweak-repeat.

Discussion here: SnowBuni animation projects
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Nice heu, tail! :)

Was not really around in 2009, so I am glad you brought it back.

I like the way you constructed the head and I agree that making it in AS makes more sense as you get better control over point position, and no need to clean up imported files from Illustrator.

I worked allot with shape orders latelly, have you tried to build eyes using shape order?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

She looks great Neeters. Even having played with your Lily mod a lot, I can't see any of the CW' ish quirks to her. I think this is a great example of using the CW to generate a base character and modify from there. Very nice job.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks, guys! I apprciate it. :)
GCharb wrote:I worked allot with shape orders latelly, have you tried to build eyes using shape order?
Yes, the eyes are built in separate layers -- brow, eyelid, pupil, eye. (Great rendition of Tiara in your other thread, btw :))
jonbo wrote:I can't see any of the CW' ish quirks to her. I think this is a great example of using the CW to generate a base character and modify from there.
It does take time, sometimes a lot of time. But so far I'm liking the results. At some point, I'll post animation examples from these rigs.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I find the more I work with a rigg, the more I find what works and what doesn't. Maybe it's just a matter of learning a different work flow than what you've been using. Can't wait to see her hem.. assets in motion. :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

This is cute - missed it in 2009! :)
The difficulty with such large breasts, especially for the male viewer, is that they do take your attention, and in this case they don't jiggle realistically enough (I assume you used bone dynamics, as they sort of bounce like a mechanical ruler twanged off the end of a desk) - still Buni probably got a less mechanical bra since 2009 :P :oops:
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I remember this character!
Nice yo see she is getting a revival ;)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

funksmaname wrote:...(I assume you used bone dynamics, as they sort of bounce like a mechanical ruler twanged off the end of a desk)
:lol: I can't seem to get it to look natural, so I'll probably hand animate (so to speak) such secondary motions in the future.
Patmals wrote:I remember this character!
Nice yo see she is getting a revival ;)
Yeah, Jeff's a real bunny girl fan (there seems to be an anime series for every stripe of "kemono-girls", eg., cat, skunks, etc.).

Thanks, guys.