Turning head with blend morphs

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wlan

Post by wlan »

Can anyone send me to a link that has the best explanation of how to use this?

P.S. Do you have to move all of the points like for Darth Furby's head turn or can individual pictures of the head be drawn?
mortician

Post by mortician »

selgin wrote:Here's a little explanation of how they work.
There are 9 one frame actions, each one representing a pose, as shown in this picture
This actions could be just five, but for a better transformation I decided to add the intermediate (left up, left down, right up, right down).

It could seem difficult, but it's not if you have planned your head first. Draw each pose in a paper, be sure your character still being the same in all poses. Think you gonna do this just one time and with this 5 or more poses you will obtain an infinite range of head poses.
You can make more complex characters using mask, groups, bone movements or whatever. Each thing that can be animated, can be interpreted in an action and, of course, with blend morph.

A tip: actions only transform the movements which have keyframes marked, so be sure you mark the keyframes you want to establish.
Maybe could be an action in which you don't need to move a point, for example, but if you don't mark a keyframe for that point, you will get strange blends, because that point actually won't be moved on the action.
Sorry, it's hard to explain that to me, maybe someone with a better English can do it for me.

tnx very very much dear selgin :D
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Thanks for this Selgin. I just downloaded and viewed your file. Ingenious! I'm going to have to experiment with this.
Robo

Head turn file download

Post by Robo »

Thanks for another useful and creative technique.

Could you offer a Mediafire download for the second head turn...I've never had an issue with downloading your files from Mediafire (particles effect, walk cycle with reversed keyframed foot bone lock, boned snake movement) but when I closed a pop-up ad on Sharebee it may have been the cause of a malware infection of my computer.

Please consider continuing to use Mediafire as an option for your downloads because your files are extremely instructive.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Head turn file download

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Robo wrote:Thanks for another useful and creative technique.

Could you offer a Mediafire download for the second head turn...I've never had an issue with downloading your files from Mediafire (particles effect, walk cycle with reversed keyframed foot bone lock, boned snake movement) but when I closed a pop-up ad on Sharebee it may have been the cause of a malware infection of my computer.

Please consider continuing to use Mediafire as an option for your downloads because your files are extremely instructive.
Hi Robo, thanks for your kind words and I´m glad you like my techniques (welcome to the forum, too)
I don't remember why I didn't used mediafire for that file, but I remember there was a good reason. I have never had problems with mediafire either. Anyway, I downloaded the file from sharebee and re-uploaded to mediafire, here you have the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyu0j2hzd4n

PD: I recommend you to look at my new improved head turn technique, it could be easily complemented by this one and let you a lot more freedom. Checkout on my signature link
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Robo

Head turn file download

Post by Robo »

Thanks, Selgin, for putting this head turn file on Mediafire.
Conner_36

newb alert

Post by Conner_36 »

Hey I'm just getting interested in animation and am using debut 8, is there anyway to create the blend morph targets without shelling out for anime pro?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: newb alert

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Conner_36 wrote:Hey I'm just getting interested in animation and am using debut 8, is there anyway to create the blend morph targets without shelling out for anime pro?
Sorry, you can't create targets with debut.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Conner_36

Re: newb alert

Post by Conner_36 »

selgin wrote:
Conner_36 wrote:Hey I'm just getting interested in animation and am using debut 8, is there anyway to create the blend morph targets without shelling out for anime pro?
Sorry, you can't create targets with debut.
But is there a work-around/solution that doesn't require me to get the pro version?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

There is Conner, but it would be complicated and tedious. You should work with what you got for now until you're familiar with the software.
Conner_36

Post by Conner_36 »

Thats probably sound advice, I have a problem accepting that there are learning curves... :roll:
nextdreamanimation

Re: Turning head with blend morphs

Post by nextdreamanimation »

How to head turn with smart bone. I added switch layer in the head and it failed. Please advise:)