New hand rig results

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Post by DK »

It's flawless!!!! :) This HAS to be the difintive 2.5D hand arm rig! Congratulations synthsin75....can't wait for the tutorial.

Cheers
D.K
chucky

Post by chucky »

sweet! 8)
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

:shock:
Cant wait for the tutorial :D
Great job Synth!
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Looks pretty tight!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Okay, here's the first go at the leg and foot. Foot was harder to do than the hand. Go figure. I wasn't going to add the shoe yet, but I ended up with an easy way to handle the high heel, so I went ahead.

DK

Post by DK »

Looks great! The only thing I can nitpick is in the profile the foot gets a little thin at the arch, other wise looks great! I'd love to see a version without the shoe too.

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah DK, I think that's mostly the shoe making it look odd. Here it is without the shoe.

DK

Post by DK »

WOW!!! Fantastic. I guess you will need a shoe'd version though as not many characters are drawn without them. Could it be possible to attach a shoe to the rig like an accessory?

D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I'll have to work on the shoe. Right now it's in two pieces. Front and back. It needs more work, but yeah, I added it as an accessory. Now to get to work on the body. :wink:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Still having fun with this. This is easier to animate than I thought. I animated one leg for this walk cycle, duplicated it, offset its keyframes & layer, and rotated a bone I set up to reverse the toes.
phastraq

Post by phastraq »

This is definitely the best example of rigging I have ever seen. VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE!!

You seem to be on the verge of making something as impressive and certainly more usable than ROSE AGENT!

Keep up the good work and I am eagerly awaiting the tutorial.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Thanks Phastraq. Hopefully my artwork will will stand up to that comparison to Rose Agent. :wink:
khalifa

Post by khalifa »

This is Amazing :shock:

how are you doing this?
phastraq

Post by phastraq »

synthsin75 wrote:Thanks Phastraq. Hopefully my artwork will will stand up to that comparison to Rose Agent. :wink:
It already has IMHO. Rose agent has flowing hair but you have limbs that seem to move in 3d and look like fluid hand drawn animations. I would love to see your AS file.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I would love to see your AS file.
Just a little patience please. I have the body basically done, and it works just as well so far. (I can easily twist the body at the waist) As soon as I can do some animating with it, I'll share the results. It's going to take awhile to figure out how to do some of the details and the head/face are going to be major undertakings.

So far, I think the rig (body, arms, and legs) has 130 bones, but only about one and a half times the average skeleton that needs to be manipulated.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.