A Vampire's Lullaby

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

So how is it?

Good
80%
Meh
20%

Total votes: 10
impeyatoi

A Vampire's Lullaby

Post by impeyatoi »

Hello!

It's A Vampire's Lullaby. Created in Anime Studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geRyuhbQ4-0
Last edited by impeyatoi on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JNandC

Post by JNandC »

Overall the film was well done. I enjoyed the pastel backgrounds. Fit the mood of the music.
There were a few things i noticed wrong with the animation. Around 3:30 into the film some of the back portions of the bat were black, then they became brown. Don't know if this was intentional.
The character movement was also bothering me for some reason. I can't put my finger on it. I'll look at again and see if I can describe it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Nice work. I think the only thing wrong with the animation is that it was too slow. The motions needed to be a bit snappier. The way every motion (except for the bat) kind of drags, it makes it seem to go on longer than it does.

That can make an otherwise great animation look boring to watch. The character's movement is just so slow we have to painstakingly watch every single motion.

That said, it's still not enough to kill the great background and live action interactions.
areyouguystwins

Post by areyouguystwins »

I like it! I especially like the part where the bat is flying -- interesting shakeup when the bat hits the tornado. Although I don't understand Russian, the music is very catchy, nice melody. Very good work, all around, on the animation.

--pug

http://iguessineedajob.wordpress.com/
kphgraphics

Post by kphgraphics »

I liked it. :)
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

I may not know what he's saying, but I liked the vid. Did you create the song and music? Just wondering.
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
impeyatoi

Post by impeyatoi »

Thank you guys for your feedback and tips!

This is my first animation on which I’ve worked for a long time, about 4 mounts, almost every day of this period.

The bat’s color changes when it flies from night to daylight, so naturally it looks lighter then.

Thank you for your tip about slow movements. It will be helpful for me in the future. Here, actually, the vampire’s slow movements are first of all intended to fit and emphasize the music and lyrics. I wanted to show his emotions with his face mimic, rather than some snappy actions. At the same time, the vampire is kind of a daydreaming lazybones, and a bit shy and awkward also, whereas the bat, which personifies the flight of his thought, is brisk and free.

Most of the good pastel backgrounds were drawn by my girlfriend:)

I wrote this song 9 years ago when I played in a band. If it is possible i will upload English subs on youtube. But first I need to translate it from Russian.
wena

Post by wena »

I like the characters and the bat, they worked well.

I agree with others it was a little slow