Average Joe's Christmas Party!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spoooze!

Average Joe's Christmas Party!

Post by spoooze! »

Hey guys!

Here's the newest cartoon from Nethery-Ramsey Productions!
This is the first Christmas special we've released in two years and I think this one is a vast improvement over the last one.

http://www.nranimation.com/ajchristmas.htm

As I was on a pretty tight deadline I did not spend as much time on the animation as I would've liked but it works for what it is!

Enjoy and MERRY CHRISTMAS 2008 from Nethery-Ramsey Productions!
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey Spooze I really like the delivery and the animation is just fine, the expression is very convincing and the acting (vocal and animated) I find quite charming.
Happy holly's BTW.
If I could say anything to be constructive,I don't wish to be at all negative, it's regarding two things, design and story. It's like they are the two things you have some cheeky disregard for, as a result I can never make it through these otherwise fine pieces, the ones liners are fine but if they where following some situational direction towards some impending punchline or gag I would find it much easier to stay tuned.
Keep em coming though Spooze, 'cos they do keep getting better and your dedication is admirable.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Hey Spooze I really like the delivery and the animation is just fine, the expression is very convincing and the acting (vocal and animated) I find quite charming.
Happy holly's BTW.
Thanks and you too!
If I could say anything to be constructive,I don't wish to be at all negative, it's regarding two things, design and story. It's like they are the two things you have some cheeky disregard for
Haha yeah. Most of the Average Joe stuff is just silly gag-based stuff with a very thin underlining plot... although this doesn't seem to have much of that either :P

This special has a very strange backstory... Brad originally wrote this stuff for a politically-themed movie that we eventually dropped because we wouldn't have been able to get it done on time called Tim for President.
Originally, Joe was throwing a US Election party. Basically, I just went through the original script and changed the whole "greeting scene" to be Christmas themed and Brad went from there and wrote an ending on it.

That's all I'll say about it now but maybe that'll give you a clue on why the story is so disjointed :P

I'm actually working on developing a series now that is actually story-based... maybe you'll like that style of writing better.
as a result I can never make it through these otherwise fine pieces
Just out of curiosity... did you make it through this one?
chucky

Post by chucky »

Sorry only 2/3 :?
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

The intro scared me with the loud crash all of a sudden. :shock:
I really liked the way the demons eyebrows moved though :wink:

Good job for doing it within a tight schedule.
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

dsaenz825 wrote: I really liked the way the demons eyebrows moved though :wink:
Yeah, Brad (the writer) cracked up when he saw the eyebrows :P