My anime opening

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Galanx

My anime opening

Post by Galanx »

Hello guys, this is my anime intro. The anime is called "11 sources" and soon I will come up with the 5 first episodes which are about 23 min long. It's not only animated by Anime Studio, I used alot of other animation software like After effects etc. Hope you like it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vWidDMi1d0

/Signed Galanx
DarkMProductions

Post by DarkMProductions »

I like it, the art style reminds me a lot of Ranma 1/2 and Fruits Basket. Though I would fix the title font, to me it just doesn't fit with the rest of what happens on screen. Like the font reminds me of a Black Metal logo, and I doubt that's the tone of this series. But overall a good job.

I do have one question though, did you rotoscope some animations from some anime shows or movies? Because there are a few animations that I recognize from Ranma, I mean no disrespect or anything I'm just curious.
Galanx

Post by Galanx »

About the logo, you don't know the storyline yet, but you will, if I'll be able to upload the episodes, then you'll see the logo fits exactly to the story, which couldn't be reflected on the opening.
And about rotoscoping, you were right about the ranma part, I rotoscoped a scene from the beginning part, otherwise everything is self drawed and improved. Artwork is all improved, the characters and backgrounds are all improved. However thanks for your comment, I like your point of view ^^
NightmanGX

Post by NightmanGX »

Were the fight scenes animated in anime studio?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Great animation, one of the best fan anime animations.
Keep it up!
Galanx

Post by Galanx »

NightmanGX wrote:Were the fight scenes animated in anime studio?
The fighting scenes were animated "frame for frame" since its kinda hard to animate them in anime studio it's easier to rotoscope them from some life action movements and still keeping your character design.

@Parker
Thank you, I am working for better achievements :)
chucky

Post by chucky »

Galanx , that was an excellent display of limited frame by frame anime in Anime.
It is great to see non-boned animation, did you find the work flow OK?
By that I mean, was the shape creation and colouring fast enough for a good production economy?
Galanx

Post by Galanx »

chucky wrote:Galanx , that was an excellent display of limited frame by frame anime in Anime.
It is great to see non-boned animation, did you find the work flow OK?
By that I mean, was the shape creation and colouring fast enough for a good production economy?
Thank you, glad you liked it. But I would recommend a workgroup of at least 5 people for a good production economy. And recently I am only working with my brother who draws the characters and backgrounds, and I color them. The coloring is kinda hard since you must color every animated frame, but its worth to see the result, and thats why I would recommend more people for color correction and final output appearance, effects, sound effects and such stuff. For hard animations , I used rotoscoping, but the hardest part in rotoscoping is that you should take care and not do changes in your style and artwork. The backgrounds were drawed in photoshop. Working on it 5h a day you could be able to export 20+ min for 1 month.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Thanx for the reply Galanx, sounds like you're working up a good system.
Keep it up guys. 8)
Canny Valley

Post by Canny Valley »

Wow! That was unexpectedly good! And very retro. It looks very professional on the surface, it just needs a little more development and refinement.

I liked how the gaijin was arabic. That's something new. Acoustic guitar was a nice touch, too. Adds a distinctly western element without losing the anime feel.

I'm not sure I agree with some of your design choices. The title font is very hard to read, especially with all the compression artifacts. Maybe try a different format or compress the video to a higher quality if youtube will allow it.

The colors in the background from 0:35 to 0:39 looked odd to me. Maybe I'm just used to anime being all about the aesthetically pleasing pastel combinations Japan seems to like so much. Also, the overuse of orange sparks confused me a bit-- I thought they were supposed to be blood, at first!

I'm not sure if rotoscoping from other anime is a good idea... especially when different scenes look like different shows. You want a single unifying art style that's consistent across all your show's scenes. Ideally, it should also be somehow distinct from other anime styles.

Overall, though, this is a very intriguing start to a very ambitious project. Don't slow down. Keep it up. There's a kind of quality that only comes from patience and practice, but you'll get there someday. Your later work will be better, I'm sure. For now, just do your best. I have a feeling you might do great things eventually.

Oh, also, I'd like to see a single frame up-close and uncompressed, if that's possible. It would let me get a clearer idea of the quality of your artwork.

Thanks for sharing! :) This seems like it could grow into something really cool someday!
Galanx

Post by Galanx »

Thank you Canny Valley, I do my work on the highest possible quality, but you know how youtube is, I had to compress it. I also take your critics under consideration as long as they are a profit for me. Still gaining experience though, if you want any high quality project of mine you should contact me somehow, though they have too much size to export through internet it would take too long. Anyway I am still recruiting people in my group, if you are interested to join just upload some project of yours somewhere and let me see your work :)

Kind Regards
Galanx
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

Nice work, :D
Just wondering...
Have you finished the script for any of the episodes? :wink:
Hopefully you have the voice actors you need, I know I have that problem.

Recruiting eh, interesting...
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
Galanx

Post by Galanx »

dsaenz825 wrote:Nice work, :D
Just wondering...
Have you finished the script for any of the episodes? :wink:
Hopefully you have the voice actors you need, I know I have that problem.

Recruiting eh, interesting...
I have voice actors but only in my language (albanian), and I finished the script for 9 episodes. The 1st episode is almost ready.
Canny Valley

Post by Canny Valley »

If you ever plan on doing an English language version, check out the Voice Acting Alliance. I've worked with them before, and they do good work.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Canny Valley wrote:If you ever plan on doing an English language version, check out the Voice Acting Alliance. I've worked with them before, and they do good work.
Hate to sound stupid or hijack the thread but how does this voice alliance work? Are these professionals? Do they get paid? Hard to tell browsing through the forum.

-vern