Made in China

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CHIO

Made in China

Post by CHIO »

Hi all:

I share with the forum my last short “Made in China”. I sent it to ANIMA´05 – III Córdoba Animation Festival is organized by the Centro Experimental de Animación (Dept. of Film and Television, University of Córdoba, Argentina) and the Centro Cultural España – Córdoba (AECI). ANIMA’05 will be held in the city of Córdoba, Argentina, from April 27th through April 30th, 2005. http://www.animafestival.com.ar

Here you can download in wmv format (~ 4 Mb)
http://www.chio-animation.com.ar/downlo ... -china.wmv

Here you can download in avi format (~ 12 Mb)
http://www.chio-animation.com.ar/downlo ... -china.avi

If you prefer you can access to the site http://www.chio-animation.com.ar, and then choose button “animaciones” in the main page, and then you can view in flash format (less weight) “Made in China” and 3 shorts more, all made with moho:

“Pepe el Cangrejo”
“Huesito”
“Painting” (first moho contest).

I hope you like it and enjoy. I appreciate your reply and comments.

Cheers.

Carlos F. Bergoglio
http://www.chio-animation.com.ar
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Pretty funny, I like the style of the characters, in particular the man and woman in front of the TV set and the cook, the others weren't as detailed. The drawing style looked a bit like The Flinstones to me, a nice retro style. The changing room idea was executed very well. It was a bit long though, if you cut it down to about two minutes I guess it would improve the pacing. Now I feel like I'm waiting for what's next instead of wanting to find out what happens next, I hope that makes sense. The DVD selection for instance, at first a funny and realistic parody, then it lasted too long.

But I liked it a lot and keep up the good work!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
trancos

Post by trancos »

Hola, Chio que bueno ver alguien del foro que habla castellano todavia no vi tus animaciones pero te felicito igual por las participaciones en esos festivales, yo soy de buenos aires y la verdad que Moho me parece una maza y pense que nadie lo conocia por estos pagos, pero parece que me equivoque para mejor!.....

saludos

podes bajar mi primer animacion que anda por ahi unos post mas abajo
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

(English versión) :shock:
Hi trancos ¡ Glad to meet you...argentine man...! I am from Cordoba (capital). I discover moho in 2000. Great app. I will see your animation and reply my comments.
Regards,

(Spanish version) :D
Hola trancos, que gusto encontrar alguien que hable español tambien... Soy de Córdoba capital. Descubri moho en el 2000, Veré algo de tu trabajo que dejaste en el foro y te haré mis comentarios.
Saludos,

Carlos.
pixelwks

Post by pixelwks »

Great work! I agree it needs some tightening here and there. Maybe some things were lost due to language?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Yes, I have to go along with the other posters that the pacing seems a bit slow. As far as the animation, the story, and the music, they're all great! I only have one nit-pic, and that's at the end, the grenade is coming out of the TV, and it's kind of hard to see what it is against the background of the jungle. But good job! For some reason, I especially liked the way the hand pushed the buttons on the remote control.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I liked it - funny. :) The art work is good. I think the TV programs scene is not too slow -more of a language thing I think and maybe a 'Death of a Salesman' style slow down to show how boring the TV is. :) The only thing that maybe seems a little slow is the very end when they are watching the War program.

I am new with no real animation experience, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt, but maybe in the final section with the grenade something as simple as cutting to say eyes open wide, then the grenade is thrown, then cut to close up of scream or something?

Anyway very nice work.
CHIO

HARD WORK

Post by CHIO »

Hi all:

Thanks for your reply. How I said in my web page, the animation is my hobby and I learn very much with your opinion and critics.

The complete work was made for me about 1 month, 3 o 4 hours average per day (include weekend and free time). I finished all scenes in moho’s files only a week before the deadline the contest March 4 – 22 HS (GMT – 3.00 BS.AS.). Then I have a little time to edit in ADOBE PREMIERE, finding the selected music and effect and voices, the lipsinc with magpie, etc. etc. Then I showed it to my brother, I cut here and there, put the music here and there, etc. Its very good idea share to somebody, to make better…
In the last two night, I worked seeing the clock hard, and then I could rendered the final version. But suddenly I have a problem with my PC (I don’t know how happened, maybe a problem with the video memory)… the ppj adobe file was CRASHHHHHED. :?

.................... :evil:

I couldn’t change more nothing…only I could add the final credits, etc. (I note all your critics are right: pacing, the grenade is coming out of the TV, and…in the last second, when the camera is in front the actors, I forgot put helmet in your heads). :oops:

With your advices, I try to re-edit newly, with more rhythm or pacing. I will put English subtitles in the TV, etc. Anyway I enjoy so much with this new experience. I think the script and the edition are very important in order to the final short quality. Thanks a lot. I hope send the new version in the next day. :lol:

Carlos Bergoglio.
http://www.chio-animation.com.ar