Webshow intro animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nobudget

Webshow intro animation

Post by nobudget »

I'm working on a internet-based show about glass-fiber and I created the intro animation and bumpers inbetween segments in Moho. It's different to the usual Moho animations so I'd like to share it with you.

www.nobudgetvideo.com/moho/onsnet.wmv

File size is 1,5MB and compressed as Windows Media. It uses bitmap images (transparent PNG), put on different positions along the Z-axis to provide a parallax scrolling look. The characters are stills, animated with bones. You can see some Moho particles at work too. The fake motion blur was added in another program.

It's nothing earth-shattering but I hope you like it. Comments are welcome but it's finished already. But who knows I might use your insight next time...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Agent

Post by Agent »

its cool :)
where's the sound from?
Never send a human to do a machine's job.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Thanks, http://www.freeplaymusic.com/default.asp

Good selection of music, free for non-commercial purposes.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Agent

Post by Agent »

wow thanks
Never send a human to do a machine's job.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Really nice nobudget. Need to post more samples like this in the gallery to give people an idea of how versatile Moho is.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yes, this is really nice, and I like how it's different from most Moho animations - can I add it to the gallery?
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Of course you can mister Marble, right below my "Number 5 Is Alive" animation you wanted to put there...but didn't...Don't tease me like that!

Put either animation there and I'll inform every blog on the net ok? Just kidding...or am I?

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, can you make it available in another format? AVI or QuickTime? WMV is kind of a dead-end street.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Dead-end street? In what way? Installed on 95% of every computer way? I don't have the Quicktime encoder installed, I could run it through Moho but it doesn't export sound (right?). I could encode XVid but that's less used than Windows Media, and if you're talking about avi, just rename .wmv to .avi and you're done!
Boy, I love standards, wait, how about Flash video, or Real? Seriously though, I think the most compatible format would be mpeg1/videocd. The quality is reasonable, the compression enough for a short clip. Quicktime has the worst player and doesn't work on Linux (I think), Avi works on Windows and Linux, but not Mac, you can never accomodate everyone with one file. But just let me know what you want, it's your website :)

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What I meant by "dead-end" was that WMV is really a delivery format, and not very amenable to editing. We've recently updated the Moho gallery to use FLV (Flash video), making the videos viewable by more people, more easily. Unfortunately, this file is WMV 9, which is particularly unfriendly for editing. Another format, like QuickTime or AVI would allow me to convert to FLV.

I don't want to get into a debate about standards, but I will say that we want to keep to one format for the gallery. You may not like FLV, but we certainly don't want to have 3 QuickTime movies, 2 AVI, 7 WMV, 1 MPEG, 4 FLV, etc.

By the way, yes, exporting as QuickTime does in fact include sound in Moho.

Also by the way, I don't get it when people complain about the QuickTime player. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I love the QuickTime player. Windows Media Player never even lets me scrub a movie. The QuickTime player always seems the smoothest to me, and the built-in editing and conversion features are endlessly helpful. (That may not be important if all you're doing is watching a movie.) QuickTime rocks - just my opinion...
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

I'll put a 720X576 DVD quality mpeg on my site and PM you the link. That way you have the best quality source without the file size of DV. Ok?

One thing about the Quicktime player...There is no conversion of any kind in the free player, not even FULL SCREEN! Sorry to shout, that's just ridiculous, paying $30 to watch video full screen. For video quality all three main competitors have their pros and cons but both Real and Windows Media Player are far superior in terms of features the free version. Can the free Quicktime player play DVD's? Sorry, I'm pushing it now :D

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

nobudget wrote:I'll put a 720X576 DVD quality mpeg on my site and PM you the link. That way you have the best quality source without the file size of DV. Ok?
That would be fine.
Ant_Gri3d

Post by Ant_Gri3d »

http://www.codecguide.com/about_qt.htm

QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime (.mov .qt) files.
This way there is no need to install the offical QuickTime Player. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape.

and full screen too :D

APPLE.......... :evil:
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Just for the record mister Marble, Ant_Gri3d is not some kind of an alias of me! Not many posts, anti-Apple sentiments, kind of in agreement with me, as an outsider I would be suspicious.

But thanks Ant_Gri3d, I'll check that link out. It's all legal right?

Regards,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com