My first animation in Moho

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stephen

My first animation in Moho

Post by stephen »

[EDIT: The latest version of the butterfly sequence is in another thread called "The Butterfly agqain, improved" , The original version is still on the geocities link below.]

Here is my first animation in Moho. Sorry, there is no story, just an experiement to see if I could make a butterfly's wings flap.

http://us.share.geocities.com/scmxyzzy/ ... maller.mov

(It turns out that geocities only allows about 2 downloads an hour, so here it is on angelfire:)
[EDIT: WARNING, dont bother following the link below. Angelfire disabled it due to me violating there terms of service. I will post a new link when I find space somewhere else. I think my ISP gives me about 5 megs of free webspace somewhere...]
http://www.angelfire.com/mac2/scmxyzzy/ ... maller.mov

(and it turns out angelfire does not allow "direct linking", so please copy and paste the above URL to your browser)

Sorry

Stephen
Last edited by stephen on Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Very nice.

Add some animation to the grass particles (bend) and it will look awesome.

The butterfly is very nicely done.
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnO

Post by JohnO »

Very nicely done. One minor point - if you watch a butterfly, you'll notice that as the wings beat downwards the body moves upwards and vice versa, giving the strangely 'fluttery' flight motion they have. Get that included and you've cracked it.
Eall cræft unnytt bið þonne Engel on þinum flintloce micgeð
stephen

Post by stephen »

kdiddy13 wrote:Very nice.

Add some animation to the grass particles (bend) and it will look awesome.

The butterfly is very nicely done.

I tried to use the bend tool, but it would not work, it did not bend anything. Maybe I was using it wrong. so I decided just to rotate the blades slightly
stephen

Post by stephen »

JohnO wrote:Very nicely done. One minor point - if you watch a butterfly, you'll notice that as the wings beat downwards the body moves upwards and vice versa, giving the strangely 'fluttery' flight motion they have. Get that included and you've cracked it.
Thank you. That is a very good point. It should not be hard to add some up and down movement as the wings flap. I will give it a try.
stephen

New animation with some fluttering

Post by stephen »

I added some up and down fluttering to the animation cycle. It is pretty subtle, but it does look better. Copy and paste the following link to your browser:

[EDIT: Warning , dont bother following the link below, it just gives you a terms of service violation page. :( ]
http://www.angelfire.com/mac2/scmxyzzy/flutterby.mov

Stephen
Last edited by stephen on Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorgy

Re: New animation with some fluttering

Post by jorgy »

stephen wrote:I added some up and down fluttering to the animation cycle. It is pretty subtle, but it does look better. Copy and paste the following link to your browser:

Stephen
Uh oh!

The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Terms of Service.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Got to see it before it went down. Nicely done.
stephen

Re: New animation with some fluttering

Post by stephen »

jorgy wrote:
stephen wrote:I added some up and down fluttering to the animation cycle. It is pretty subtle, but it does look better. Copy and paste the following link to your browser:

Stephen
Uh oh!

The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Terms of Service.
Apparently I violated Angelfires terms of service agreement by posting a file that is loaded directly without going through a web page that contains their ads. Also it looks like they forbid mpeg files anyways.

In the next few days I will come up with a better way to post my stuff

In the mean time I will delete the references to angelfire in my previous posts to prevent more people wasting time hiting their denial page.

Sorry for all the trouble.

In the mean time it looks like the geocities one still works, but not all the time because they limit the downloads to about 2 per hour.

Stephen