The Adventures of The Lone Viking & His Amazon Woman

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DarkMProductions

The Adventures of The Lone Viking & His Amazon Woman

Post by DarkMProductions »

Well I've been playing around with Anime Studio now for quite a while, and I thought that it was about time that I did a short animation made entirely with it.

So I came up with a short story about a Viking saving an Amazon from a bad guy, So here is my first character model for the short. The design is based on the art style of the Animaniacs cartoon series, most notably the nurse character.

Its obviously not done yet, and there are still a few glitches I need to work out, like around some of the joints are little white lines, and some of the hair color bleeds out of the lines.

If anyone knows how to fix those, or has any recommendations on what could be better, please let me know.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

We'd probably need to see the .anme file to help you with those 'glitches'.
Otherwise, we're just taking stabs in the dark. Some of these have too many possible causes for a simple answer. It could be your styles, extra shapes, shape order, outlines, etc...

But I like the artwork, and loved the Animaniacs. Can't wait to see her in motion.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Her boobs look strange. Otherwise, expressive style.

If you want a tutorial on how to draw womens' breasts, see here. You can find many more, because it is a popular subject, probably because many men seem to have a fetish with breasts.
DarkMProductions

synthsin75 wrote:We'd probably need to see the .anme file to help you with those 'glitches'.
Otherwise, we're just taking stabs in the dark. Some of these have too many possible causes for a simple answer. It could be your styles, extra shapes, shape order, outlines, etc...

But I like the artwork, and loved the Animaniacs. Can't wait to see her in motion.
Oh sorry about that here it is

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/205c6f0b5a_0.19MB
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh wow. You have a crazy amount of shape fills stacked in each vector object. I was going to fix this, but there are just too many.

First, I would strongly suggest that everyone install the select shape tool from Seven Feet. It shows you where and how many shapes you have stacked. You can find them in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1352

Getting rid of all these extra, hidden shapes will at least fix the fills bleeding. It may not fix the white joint lines, but once you've cleaned up the shapes, these can be fixed easily.

The extra hidden shapes are causing all these problems.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with the white lines after you've cleaned it up.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

synthsin75 wrote:First, I would strongly suggest that everyone install the select shape tool from Seven Feet. It shows you where and how many shapes you have stacked. You can find them in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1352
I hope I shouldn't remind people, if you replace existing scripts, to ALWAYS put the original scripts in a separate subfolder. I've called mine "original".

If you don't like editing your Lua files with the addition user Rudiger made yourself, just download the modification from my dotMac account: Install the files in the tools folder, after you've backed up the original files, of course.
DarkMProductions

synthsin75 wrote:Oh wow. You have a crazy amount of shape fills stacked in each vector object. I was going to fix this, but there are just too many.

First, I would strongly suggest that everyone install the select shape tool from Seven Feet. It shows you where and how many shapes you have stacked. You can find them in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1352

Getting rid of all these extra, hidden shapes will at least fix the fills bleeding. It may not fix the white joint lines, but once you've cleaned up the shapes, these can be fixed easily.

The extra hidden shapes are causing all these problems.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with the white lines after you've cleaned it up.
Wow thank you so much, that fixed every little glitch I had, so here is what it looks like now.

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Glad to help. I'm sure you'll enjoy having that shape order shown. It's a life safer. :wink:
DarkMProductions

Ok I did some some tests on facial expressions for the Amazon, so tell me what you think and what could be better.

I should be done with the second character model fairly soon, and when thats done I'll start doing some test animations.
DarkMProductions

Well I just finished The Viking character model, theres still a few touch ups I need to do. But same as always leave coments and what you think could be better.

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I like it, but the mouth moving separately from the beard looks really odd. I'd either morph the beard with the mouth shapes, or use the mouth opening in the beard to mask the mouth (so it looks like the mouth is behind the beard). He might could use a little bit more detail so he seems to match your amazon better. Maybe in the clothes.

Nice work.