This is my first animation please let me know what you think

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JimHJ

This is my first animation please let me know what you think

Post by JimHJ »

This is my first time on this forum and this is my first attempt at animating.
There's not a lot of animation in it, more like talking heads, but I hope you like it. please give me your honest opinion.

Thank You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFktmMLfy-g
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Smells like spam.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

But it's nice! Talking heads, OK, but they look much more alive than most of their kind.

Did you use some automatism to create the head movements? It's a bit too much because it's everywhere, but I like it better than to have the heads dead still for minutes.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I also think the animated presidents were more entertaining than the real deals. Nevertheless, this thread is hidden advertisement, and should be deleted.
JimHJ

Post by JimHJ »

Yes this is an ad but it is my first attempt at animating. you don't have to go to the web site, just tell me what you think of the animation.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Uh, I might go for that if your signature didn't advertise the same thing. Show me something not advertising what you seem to have more than a slight vested interest in, and I'd be happy to opine and advise.
JimHJ

Post by JimHJ »

Look, I am a 47 year-old father of 18 month old triplet babies. I take care of them from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. until my wife comes home from work, then I go to work at a grocery store until midnight. Then I come home and work on this project until 2 a.m. We don't make a whole hell of a lot of money so I've been doing this MPM thing for a few months now with the hopes of a better life for my kids. So I wanted to come up with a clever way to create an ad on YouTube. So I thought I would try to make an animation. I used Anime Studio to create it. Since this was the first time that I have ever animated anything, I thought I would get the opinion of the people of this forum. If I posted something that was not created on Anime Studio, then that would be spam. I DON'T SPAM! I could've used Toon Boom to create my animation but I have never been able to do anything more than make a bad bouncing ball. In my opinion Anime Studio is a far superior program.

I have been coming to this forum to look at what other people have created since I got the program. Now that I have created an animation I wanted to show what I have done. Yes it is an advertisement. I have seen other people's animations that were advertisements. So what's your problem? There's no animated gun pointing at your head making you go to the web site that is mentioned.

Now when it comes to my signature as far as I know there is no rule that states that I cannot have it the way that I do. If I'm wrong, I do apologize. I have stopped using it so perhaps you will stop whining. I get enough whining from my triplet babies.

To slowtiger who asked the question about the head nods. I used the bone audio wiggle script. I too feel that it is a bit much but I'm still learning how to animate and I also don't have a lot of time to work on animations, so I used it to save some time. Hopefully my next animation will be much better.

A warning to all you people that feel that your brain will melt if you see an advertisement on this forum, my next video will probably be about the same thing. Get over it!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

The reason we object to unsolicited advertisements is that this forum has been slammed with spam in the past, sometimes blocking this forum by the spam bots for hours. We also had spam bots that responded to the messages, in order to trick a flame war.

Spammers are quite refined nowadays, so it is alway best to read forum messages with some reservation.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

JimHJ wrote:A warning to all you people that feel that your brain will melt if you see an advertisement on this forum, my next video will probably be about the same thing. Get over it!
Can you see why an advertisement in your footer might alienate some people? Haranguing them about their over-sensitivity is definitely not the way to go. Nobody here wants to stop you from doing what you want to do -- just be careful about sticking links in our faces if you are trying to make money out of them -- that's not what this forum is about.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I do understand, the only thing you've done just happens to be an advertisement. That's cool. I have no problem with that. And I wouldn't mind if you signature contained a link to a personal website that then contained TONS of advertising. That's you business. But I do think that both is a bit much.
There seems to have been extra spammer activity on this forum lately, so I just may indeed be over sensitive. That's my business. :P

But I'll tell ya what. I think I'd go for a compromise. I think it might help if you wanted to share the .anme file with soundtrack. That way others could at least learn from your effort. I think that may sound like a fair trade.

Or at the very least, I'd warn people that what you're sharing is an advertisement. Disclosing that up front allows people to decide for themself wether or not they want to subject themself to any more advertising that day. :)
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I have given this some thought. Although I don't like being wrong, I do admit I was wrong.

There was some misconception by miscommunication. I hope we can start again and get to know each other without this incident spoiling the relationship.

I don't need a compensation, because there's no-one to blame.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Folks, please calm down. A lot of us are doing commercials for a living. As far as I can see, it was never a problem to post those here as long as 1. it was mentioned in the posting and 2. the very same procduct wasn't advertised in the posting.

JimHJ already has changed his signature, so IMO everything's fine now.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh, sorry. I hadn't noticed the signature change. :oops: That's more than enough to ease my apprehension. I do hope you continue to contribute here, and I look forward to seeing more of you work. :)

P.s. Most people who do advertise in their signature, are usually for their animation studio. Since this forum does have a jobs section, and it is dealing with animation, I have no problem with these.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

So I guess I shouldn't be advertising about certain pills and a certain female B-celebrity in my signature? Dagnabbit, those spam ads are so lucrative. ;)
vertigoflow

Post by vertigoflow »

I'm a newbie with the program so I'm afraid I can't offer much helpful advice, but something about the way the collar moved with the head bob didn't look right.

Also, politicians use their hands a lot when they talk, so adding some hand motion might be something to think about.

As far as it being an advertisement, most of the 'gurus' who write about uploading video ads to youtube are still stuck doing Powerpoint slide shows, so yours is much more interesting.