Forgotten Truth

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dsaenz825

Forgotten Truth

Post by dsaenz825 »

Hi, I just wanted for you guys to check out my new cartoon teaser. I am not a good animator, I just started. I am just very excited.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO5mjFFlVf0
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
Blade_Rain

actually...

Post by Blade_Rain »

That's quite nice for a beginner. Well done! :D
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Indeed, not bad.

It needs some cutting away of the fat, though. I think the pace is too slow and too even.
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

Yeah, it was faster but I made it slower in windows movie maker to match the song. I do not really understand what you meant by fat so please explain it to me.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Well, for starters, the scenes containing characters are mostly in the same perspective (medium shot, front view). So, there isn't much variety in that respect. They also don't do much. It looks like video, but it's animation.

Also, you don't want to explain everything that is shown on the screen. There has to be some mystery, so the viewers have to guess what is going on. That is more engaging. You only give them clues to lead them, but the viewers make up their own interpretation, so they can argue among each other what it all means. That way you create a buzz. There should be more imagery and less text.

Of course, those are just my personal observations, and I'm not even expert on this subject, by no means. So, take it with a grain of salt.
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

Wow! Thanks for the info. :D
ToonLifeOnline

Post by ToonLifeOnline »

I liked it a lot. I am looking forward to seeing more. I really like your music you did for it! Good Job!

ToonLifeOnline
ToonTube
Live the Dream

Post by Live the Dream »

Hey dsaenz825, I liked what you've done.

Your teaser is a good place to start- I agree with Rasheed- there should be more imagery that hints and leads the viewers to speculate. Your teaser mentions the Lord and the Devil- so you could use religious images Lord - Crosses- Devil- Pentagrams? Just an idea.

One of things I really like about the trailer is the music which you have made- it fits the teaser well- the music is mysterious.

Keep up the good work - and I'm looking forward to seeing how and where this project goes. :D
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

See here for an example on YouTube of a good intro, with a lot of imagery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVNZ-cghz0

The text is minimal, and the imagery is stunning. I don't mean that you have to copy this movie leader (which is clearly done by several animators), but rather observe how it is put together. How there is a story arc within this short piece of animation, which an open end, which leads you into the story (I guess hence the term "leader").