First Project

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wisart

First Project

Post by wisart »

Hi Everybody,

Wish I would have found this forum a month ago when I started my project, I had lots of questions while working through the story. I entered a contest using Anime Studio to tell the story of Kawasaki's smallest Ninja. I had never used animation software before except for some simple work done in Carrara. Anyway some of the work is crude (especially the voice work and scripting, yes it is all mine) but I certainly would like you to take a peek. I wish I would of had more time to smooth out the rough spots but I had a deadline and was only able to work on it in my free time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Llha7ePiwwM

I would love to use this program more but animation isn't really part of my job. Anyway a fair critique would be appreciated.

Looking forward to participating in this forum.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Good story, but the animation obviously needs some help. For a first independent animation this was actually quite good.
DarkMProductions

Post by DarkMProductions »

I liked it, I would suggest working on your sound mixing and editing though. Like towards the end with the music it was kind of hard to hear the voices, and some of the sound effects just didn't work that well.

If you don't have too many sound effects then you should go to SoundSnap.com they have literally thousands of free sound effects for download, you don't even have to sign up or anything.
wisart

Post by wisart »

Thanks to both of you for the honest criticism. It was a blast to work on the project, mostly because it was all brand new and the work has pretty immediate rewards. I don't know how much more animation I will do in the future but I hope I can make time for more.

Reflecting on what you said and my own thoughts are pretty consistent. There isn't a single series of clips in the story that I wouldn't like to improve. The timing and editing of scenes needs refinement. I was aware of that at the end of the project but I had no time left. I had difficulty getting some of the sound to react to the lip sync, especially low quieter sounds. I also didn't learn about the switch folder until half-way through the project. Thanks for the tip on soundsnap.com. All my sounds were either my voice, iMovie giveaways or random sound files I dragged off the internet. I know they weren't great but they were all I had. I also have no way of mixing sound... yet!

The budget for the whole project was pretty cheap. The only new items I purchased were Anime Studio and a cheap microphone from Best Buy.

In the end I got the story together in a reasonable fashion and I am happy with my first results. Looking forward to learning more from this group.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I also have no way of mixing sound... yet!
Try audacity