Double Bounce Walk

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

pixelwks

Double Bounce Walk

Post by pixelwks »

For my first crack at animating in Moho I tried Preston Blair's famous "double bounce" walk.

http://www.rubbertoons.com/_images/Preston-1.swf

There are a few glitches here and there but overall a painless experience.

Please have a look and critique if you like.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

I like it. Natural movements and smooth. Though you should fix so the feet don't go under the line. This could be aproved by moving bones differently, or simply by using a mask. Apart from that I think it's great.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

I dig it! Nicely done.
________
Wiki vaporizer
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Nicely done. In fact I think I am going to make a simple figure like this to practice as well -been playing with tiny details and really have to get down to the basics.
waterdown

walk

Post by waterdown »

Excellent - I like his style. Could you write a tutorial or send the data file. Nice - Brian
pixelwks

Post by pixelwks »

Thanks for the comments everyone!

hiddicop
The decided to let the foot problem go for two reasons: My bone setup wasn't really that good and the character has really big feet. I don't know how real animators deal with big feet and I plan to look into that.

waterdown
I just started using Moho, no way I'll have the brass to write a tutorial! If I learn how to really do this (and somebody wants it) I'll write one.

thanks again!
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

I don't know how real animators deal with big feet and I plan to look into that.
There are plenty of ways to accomplish a working bigfoot-animation. As I said you could use masking. Create a layer and put it under the surface. in the layerproperties you select "don't render this layer" and then make the mask hide the foot. It won't look good, but it works. The way I would do is too add an extre two bones to each foot, both with the main foot-bone as a parent. One at the end of the foot, and one at the very bottom. Then you can translate the bones (move them) when the go under the surface, then it looks as the foot is pressed against the surface. That will look great.
red-don

Bigfoot

Post by red-don »

Love him/her! Makes me think of myself, a little fat guy caefully negotiating a rigid wire! Forget the feet for now, the whole thing looks good.