Some pics...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hiddicop

Some pics...

Post by Hiddicop »

I'm simply posting up some images I've made. They're very rough and slopely made, and they're not so nice, but for some reason I'm posting them anyway.

Last edited by Hiddicop on Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Sorry about the low quality and resolution... :oops:
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Nice. I particularly like the large tree/outdoor scene and the same tree with fog later. :) The top pic also has a nice storybook feel to it.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I too like the first picture the best, and I like the fog look as well. Nice job!
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Thanks! I've got nothing better to do, so I'm posting three more pictures. These are a little bit more seriusly made, and perhaps I'll do something with them. Anyway, here they are:

Last edited by Hiddicop on Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Hmm, I've got a feeling I'm doing to much different things, and nothing serious. But as it is now I have made tones of differnt objects and scenerys that I can make nearly everything... Now I just need a idea. :oops:
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Hiddicop wrote:Hmm, I've got a feeling I'm doing to much different things, and nothing serious. But as it is now I have made tones of differnt objects and scenerys that I can make nearly everything... Now I just need a idea. :oops:
My problem is that I have too many ideas and not enough time to pursue them all! :-)
Hiddicop

A glitch of time!

Post by Hiddicop »

Hiddicop (me that is) proudly presents... A glitch of time!

Ok, ok... I know. It's sloply made, I looks crappy but I wanted it that way. The point of this picture is not the grafics but the idea behind it.

Don't hold in you applause!
Agent

Post by Agent »

yeah yeah.. :)

ive got an inspiration of your work :)
jorgy

Re: A glitch of time!

Post by jorgy »

Hiddicop wrote:Hiddicop (me that is) proudly presents... A glitch of time!

Don't hold in you applause!
Actually, I like the style of the blue background with gold stars. It's the same as on the first pic of yours in this thread. I especially like the shadows on that pic.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"It's sloply made, I looks crappy but I wanted it that way."

That's exactly what I tell my customers when I present my work...complete with the spelling error! But unfortunately they don't believe me :cry:

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com

PS. Hiddicop, I'm trying to figure out why you use Moho, all the work I've seen from you screams 3D artwork. Why limit yourself to a package not designed for that purpose? Seriously, I'd like to know.
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

PS. Hiddicop, I'm trying to figure out why you use Moho, all the work I've seen from you screams 3D artwork. Why limit yourself to a package not designed for that purpose? Seriously, I'd like to know.
'

Well... There are several reasons.

1) I like the layout. It's a pleasure using Moho.
2) It's simple and dosn't take as much time as many other programs. Yet it is completly unlimited when it comes to 2D-animation. Even though my artwork is quite 3D-ish I like doing 2D-animation. The animation I'm doing in moho is mostly 2D (with some exeptions) but the artwork is semi 3D (like 2,5-D). Anyhow, I like how simple it is to just do something in moho.
3) I like the moho-attitude. If you compare Moho with almost any other software you'll find that Lost Marble really tries help his costumers as much as possible. Just check out this forum, and especially LM himselfs comments, and then compare it to the support that any other software has. It's wonderful to have someone who actually puts his heart into everybodys problems, requests and questions.

But perhaps I shall try learning a 3D program. I'll never abandon moho, but I might use it a bit less in that case. But for 2D-animation - Moho is the best, without exeptions.

Any recomendations for a realy good 3D software? I know the famous ones but the most famous ones aren't always the best (like in mohos case. Moho isn't nearly as famous as many other programs, but it sure is better).

I've tried blender and anim8or (they're free so I tried them first). But there must be better ones out there. For 3D-object creation I've already found a wonderful software (called amorphium) but it's not any good for animation, just for object creation.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Hello Hiddicop, thanks for the comments.

"Just check out this forum"
Look at the number of posts I have...believe me I know this place :D

"compare it to the support that any other software has"
Pure Motion EditStudio and to a (slightly) lesser extent Mediachance DVDLab and that's about it as far as I know. So top 3 and I've seen many!

"recomendations for a realy good 3D software"
You mentioned both anim8or and Blender already, the first is easy but limited, the second difficult but versatile. If you want better than Blender start saving for Lightwave, Maya, the big ones I'm afraid. Just for fun try "Teddy" http://www-ui.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo/teddy/teddy.htm the future of modelling as far as I'm concerned, but very much in the beginning phase, only a proof-of-concept as this point in time. Amorphium is indeed a fun but also limited package. Poser is interesting but also very limited.

I'd like to see you combine the 3D world with a 2D character sometime, that's a technique I like but rarely see in practice.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Another interesting one in development is Curvy3D though seems to be some problems with the page now. Here are some gallery images. It uses a more 'artist centric' type design...

http://www.curvy3d.com/gallery/
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Aha, here now I'm posting a completly 2D-image!

Isn't it just lovely? :mrgreen: