new animated web series

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bonvivant

new animated web series

Post by bonvivant »

In an ill-advised effort to capitalize on the writers strike, my brother and I have just launched The Super Story Chop Shop. A web series dedicated to the parodying of history’s favorite legends and greatest myths. Here’s how it works:
1. Take stories which are perfectly awesome as-is.
2. Chop ‘em up into one crazy bit.
The End

It's no greykid or angrymonster, but our first episode, Blackbeard’s Delight: The Real Story of Blackbeard, has just been uploaded and we would love to hear your thoughts on how we can make future episodes better.

We’re here for feedback and to meet new people so feel free to drop us a line about anything and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks for your time,
Matt
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

Entertaining to say the least!!!
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com
bonvivant

Post by bonvivant »

Thanks for the kind words sour_jax!

We're just starting production on episode two, but are aiming for 10 minutes as opposed to the colossal 20 this was. We've recieved some feedback saying we should even go for 5 minutes or less, though we're worried doing so would make this another generic web series and not the complete show and story we feel is currently absent from the internets.

If you have any thoughts on the matter I'd love to hear them.
shoepie

Post by shoepie »

Great job! I must admit I only watched upto the santa bit, but there were some really funny bits like the Ninja bridge and the impressive seamanship joke which made me laugh. Congrats on completing 20 minutes, Looks like an insane amount of work.

You already know about the sound problems :D

Personally I don't like watching things on the internet that go on for more than a few minutes. One thing I'm hoping to do with my next animation is break it up into 4 parts of two minutes each. Then once a week I can 'announce' to the world a new episode/part and I think that helps get more subscribers and views etc. You could always do that and then release the full show/version at the end.

Good luck with your next project.
ShoePie.co.uk - My animations.
bonvivant

Post by bonvivant »

Shoepie, thanks for watching and sticking it out for couple minutes at least :D

The idea of shorter episodes for consistencies sake is an excellent point and (being as oblivious as I am) I hadn't even considered releasing the whole episode as one in the end. I think the approach we'll take is 10 minute episodes, divided into 2 parts of 5 minutes each. We can always make them shorter based on viewer feedback.

Also, I caught the star wars parody when it was first released and thoroughly enjoyed it. Never thought I'd chat with the guy who made it :D
newave

Post by newave »

Hilarious man. The bridge scene had me in stitches. That was awesome. Keep it up!