Flash vs. Moho

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hnguyen

Flash vs. Moho

Post by hnguyen »

Hello
I'm new to this forum. and I'm curious about what I have been reading. It seems that quite a few people have both Flash and Moho. I thought that Flash is considered the high end tool and why would one need Moho if one already had Flash. I don't know how the two stack up to each other, but Moho is very attractive because of the price.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Hung :roll:
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Flash and Moho are apples and oranges.

Flash is more an interactive tool that can do animation, Moho is animation only, but much more sophisticated for that use.
Flash is a great export format for fast animations on the internet, Moho is great for video productions.
Moho is certainly not inferior as an animation tool, in fact it is much more powerful. You can create particle effects, use depth planes and add many sophisticated effects you'd expect from cinema quality animations.

In conclusion, Flash is a great tool if you build websites and need to create a living interactive environment, Moho is one of the best tools if you want to create animated stories for video, film or streaming video on the internet. The overlap of usage is smaller than you'd think on first glance. If you know Flash try the Moho tutorials and you'll soon see why these are two very different applications.

Enjoy,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
hnguyen

Post by hnguyen »

Thanks, Nobudget for your inputs. It helps a lot. Glad to join the forum.

BTW: You sure have an impressive webpage there.

Regards
hnguyen :D
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Thanks for the compliments, and just in case, I am aware my website can run slow on some systems and my apologies for that. We are working on a faster loading site but we're very busy at the moment.

You'll find there are many people on this forum with a lot of knowledge and willingness to share it with beginners. To me a good community can make or break software. And the creator of Moho is also an active participant so stick around and see what this program has to offer.

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

BTW: I know it's a bit off-topic but as i read "nobudget" since... a very long time, i'd like to take the chance and ask if there is more of his great work to show.

Cheers. 8)
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

You mean you want to see more of my work? I've just added a new topic with some new material: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 3293#13293

Enjoy!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Thank you, nobudget :D