My Sitting Bull in Quidam 3D

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

p6r

My Sitting Bull in Quidam 3D

Post by p6r »

hello all,

I'm playing with Quidam I just have discovered yesterday thanks to another thread here...
I have tried to create Sitting Bull from a woman because I needed long hairs !!! :wink:

Quidam is so simple to use that we can do nice things very quickly...

original image :

head created :

proof it's from a woman :

original woman :

I don't know if we can cut the head from a file to paste it on a man body in another file, in the full version !?!

6R
human

Post by human »

Wow, that's terrific.

Just want to say, though, that while you're following the party line on character design by giving him insufficient forehead and chin, there are a few dissenters from this school of thought.

My own preference is for full-sized chins and foreheads.

As I said, though, this is marvelous.

How long did it take you?
p6r

Post by p6r »

Thanks...

Sorry... I don't understand what you want to say with this chin and forehead story !?! Could you explain ?
(Try to use "normal" expressions and simple words because of my bad english !!!) :wink:

One hour maybe... because I have to learn the program too.

6R
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I think what Human is referring to, is what he thinks are politically incorrect face proportions...whatever that means...I think Hitler used the same arguments in the 1930's to identify "non-Aryan" racial stereotypes.

If you look at the original, and your version, they are pretty similar if you haven't got a thin political skin. Don't worry about it.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
human

Post by human »

jahnocli wrote:I think what Human is referring to, is what he thinks are politically incorrect face proportions...whatever that means...I think Hitler used the same arguments in the 1930's to identify "non-Aryan" racial stereotypes.

If you look at the original, and your version, they are pretty similar if you haven't got a thin political skin. Don't worry about it.
No, no.

Of course, I know why one would think I refer to portrayals of Indians in the movies.

But what I mean is that there is a very common tendency among cartoonists to design *all* their characters with too little chin and forehead - to make them "cuter."

I just finished reading "Creating Characters with Personality" by Tom Bancroft and I also have two similar books.

Sometimes the characters have overly broad jaws (especially the males), but both the males and females have these small craniums, and the females always have the jaw of a baby.

You see this everywhere. All I'm saying is there's no need to follow the trend.

This has nothing to do with Indians in particular!
p6r

Post by p6r »

Quidam has a very interesting option to make a character younger or older with one click...
Here is a lifting of Sitting Bull !
(I would like to do it with my mother in law !!!) :wink:

6R
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Human wrote:You see this everywhere. All I'm saying is there's no need to follow the trend.

This has nothing to do with Indians in particular!
Aah! My mistake...apologies if I ruffled any feathers (oops, there I go again...).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

The chin is pretty close to the right size for this character. The forehead is too low, something that is extremely common among beginning artists due to the fact that the forehead has no features, making it harder to gauge the distance between the top of the eyes and the top of the head. People are always amazed when they discover that the distance from the bridge of the nose to the top of the head is the same as from the chin to the bridge of the nose.
jeff

Post by jeff »

If anyone is thinking of buying this program, be aware that it is being bundled in a Poser-specific version with the new version of Poser (Poser Pro) which of course is from efrontier.

JeffG
p6r

Post by p6r »

I will buy Quidam because the authors have made a bigger price reduction than already offered after they have seen my indian chief ! :wink:
Yes... Poser Pro and Quidam will be compatible !!! I have Poser 7 and I hope the upgrade will be at a very low cost.

I have changed some things with the proportions...
And especially I have discovered another great option of Quidam : automatic wrinkles !!!
Now he looks like old :

6R