Free Anime Studio 2007

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Patmals

Free Anime Studio 2007

Post by Patmals »

http://animestudio.jp/free.html

The website is in Japanese but when you install the software, the interface is English.

It's kind of like an X-sheet / Time sheet for sequencing animations from various sources.
You can draw cel animation, import and trace, etc. plus a multiplane scene planner for compositing

so it's a bit like a retas style tool.

I have a book where it is used for sequencing stopmotion animation.

I haven't had a long enough play with it though

this is the main page

http://animestudio.jp/index.html

the fourth link from the side is a "how to use" page. although its all in Japanese
toonertime

japanese software

Post by toonertime »

i tried to install it but
i can't read the instructions
enough to install it correctly
the japanese won't print
and even if it did, i
could 't read it!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

toonertime, i have installed it. you just must press the button you think is "next". it's more spiritual than rational. just like i did with sai paint tool, which is in japanese too and i really love it. or moho (which were in english when my english were even worse than now)

anyway, patmals, how do you think that is this animestudio? is good or you just post here because of the similar name?
Stephen X

Post by Stephen X »

Neat stuff. I tinkered with it a little. It seems that the lines that you draw are vector, which I always love. What I douldn't figure out how to do is edit the vectors. Of course there is also no smoothing function. It is like a bare bones Toon Boom if you can't afford it.

These are definitely people to watch.

Thanks so much for posting!!!!!!!

Cheers
Stephen
:D
robj

Post by robj »

As for translation, do it through Goolge ... go to

http://www.google.com/language_tools

and paste the links into the "Translate a web page:" field and chose the "Japanese to English BETA" option and then click "Translate".

The translation isn't perfect by any means, but it is much better than my Japanese understanding ... which is 0.

As for the app, it may be useful as an Xsheet; maybe more. I have to read those instructions and fiddle with it awhile before I can tell.

Rob
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

selgin wrote:toonertime, i have installed it. you just must press the button you think is "next". it's more spiritual than rational. just like i did with sai paint tool, which is in japanese too and i really love it. or moho (which were in english when my english were even worse than now)

anyway, patmals, how do you think that is this animestudio? is good or you just post here because of the similar name?
Hi Selgin!

I haven't tinkered with it properly yet but i played with it previous 'preview' version last year (Cellga / AnimeStudio II).

I posted it because i thought it would interest you animation guys ;), because it is a free version which seems very usable indeed, especially those who are interested in traditional cel animation but also because of the namesake. It had it's name before E-frontier renamed Moho.