Batch scanning software??

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jhbmw007

Batch scanning software??

Post by jhbmw007 »

Can anyone recommend a good (free) program that can scan in multiple sheets from your scanner's autofeeder and automatically save them to jpegs (preferably) with sequential file names? Perhaps something that can allow me to set all the pages in the batch to landscape- I really don't want to have to rotate each one individual.

The software that came with my HP officejet sucks- I just bought one of those lightboxes from the craft store to do some good ol' fashioned animation sketching :)
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Nevermind... the "Scanner and Camera Wizard" in Windows XP seemed to get the job done- except that it still doesn't let me choose landscape mode. Is there an easy way to "rotate" multiple images at once? I tried selecting them all together inside their folder and hitting the "turn clockwise" button in the viewer inside the folder- but it only changed the first image of the series...
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Gosh I just love answering my own questions lol-

You CAN get all the pics to rotate at once- you have to select all, right click one of them, THEN click "turn clockwise/counterclockwise".
DK

Post by DK »

Hey...I found it interesting :)
Genete

Post by Genete »

jhbmw007 wrote:Nevermind... the "Scanner and Camera Wizard" in Windows XP seemed to get the job done- except that it still doesn't let me choose landscape mode. Is there an easy way to "rotate" multiple images at once? I tried selecting them all together inside their folder and hitting the "turn clockwise" button in the viewer inside the folder- but it only changed the first image of the series...
You also can try with Imagemagick. It have a good batch processing to do several things at the same time. It is opensource and free.
Regards
Genete