flv encoders

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

J. Baker

flv encoders

Post by J. Baker »

I've been a big divx fan because of the quality and it's viewable on all OS's. And some of you seem to like the quicktime. But that lead me to find the best flv encoder for a hobbiest price. After testing more then a dozen, I came across On2's Flix flv encoder. This is by far the best quality flv encoder and it's even used by Adobe/Macromedia. They have a standard ($39) and a Pro ($249) version. The Pro has 2pass and other features. But from my test, the Standard version's quality was just as good as the Pro's. So, for $39 you can't beat it. And it's viewable on all OS's as most have flash already installed on their pc. Just a head's up and here's the link.

http://www.on2.com/consumer/flixstandard/
Touched

Post by Touched »

On2V codec quality is indeed excellent, and I really hope Youtube will start supporting it soon, because it would improve both the bandwidth there and the quality of the movies for the user. I tried uploading an On2V encoded FLV to YouTube a month or two ago, and they rejected it. I expect they'll support it eventually, but in the meantime it'll probably be great for other uses anyway.
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

I've been using Adobe Premiere Elements since the first of the year, and it makes very nice FLV videos, along with having a whole lot of nice features for video compositing. It's about $90 to $100 (USD) which is alittle pricier, but I think it's really good and easy to use.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

After doing some more test I'm quite pleased with the results. For now on I'll just post my work as flv's on my own site. Here's the link to view my testings. :wink:

http://flashpulse.com/moho/landscape_flv.html