Software To Stretch, Liquify Images?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bee-ruce2

Software To Stretch, Liquify Images?

Post by Bee-ruce2 »

Hi. Just wondering if anyones aware of any economical animation or video effects software that allows you to alter image layers similar to how the "liquify" effect in Photoshop will stretch any part of an image you apply it to. Thanks.
The400th

Post by The400th »

There's not a lot of good stuff that's "economical", but try searching for morphing packages, they may do enough for what you want.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

After Effects can do stuff like this. But, if I remember, there are scripts in AS which can do a kind of liquify action (and you can use meshes to do this too...)

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I can call Adobe After Effects hardly "economical" with a list price of 699 USD.
Bee-ruce2

Post by Bee-ruce2 »

jahnocli wrote:After Effects can do stuff like this. But, if I remember, there are scripts in AS which can do a kind of liquify action (and you can use meshes to do this too...)

J
Is anyone aware of which scripts will do this? Not really sure what your refering to by "meshes"?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Do a search of the forum. Mike Clifton (developer of Moho, which became AS) once outlined a "mesh of points" solution which could distort vector images along predetermined paths. I haven't got AS in front of me at the moment, but if you look in "scripts" there is a script which I've used to make text swirl down a plughole..."wavy", is it? Something like that.

And yes, After Effects isn't THAT economical! But it can do a lot of stuff. Maybe if you can get access to the program that would be the optimum solution.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
pwyskowski

Re: Software To Stretch, Liquify Images?

Post by pwyskowski »

Bee-ruce2 wrote:Hi. Just wondering if anyones aware of any economical animation or video effects software that allows you to alter image layers similar to how the "liquify" effect in Photoshop will stretch any part of an image you apply it to. Thanks.
You could try out PD Pro (aka Project Dogwaffle). I believe that it has some smearing tools. Also, its fairly economical at around $100 or so. I like to think of it as a poor man's Painter but with animation functionality as well. 8)
PascalL

Post by PascalL »

Hi!

Gimp can do that and even animate:

Filters>Distorts>Iwarp

Pascal
human

Post by human »

I don't know whether you just need a good morph tool, but I swear by
STOIK 's Morph Man 4.

http://www.stoik.com/Morphman/

Note: I never use the video-video morphing feature, so I would have been just as well off with the cheaper Morphman 2000. Free trial--buy online for $29.