Eltima SWF to FLA

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Eltima SWF to FLA

Post by bupaje »

Not sure if this is of any interest but I am trying the demo of this product and it seems to work pretty good.

http://www.eltima.com/purchase/flashdecompiler/

Is there another easy way of getting Anime Studio SWF into Flash FLA format? Have played with AS so little since I started school I'm not sure anymore. Anyhow I had some plants I made in Moho that I wanted to use in Flash. I exported all of them as jungle.swf, used this product to convert to jungle.fla. Each one was broekn up into many layers of fills and lines so I double clicked each symbol, I selected all the layers, used Ibis Fernandez's Flash 'Bake' command which put all the symbols parts on one layer so I could CTRL+B some of the stuff together and deleted the other empty layers.

Again, maybe I just made work -is there already an easier way to do this that I missed (probably?).
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
cribble

Post by cribble »

Looks alright. Looks like the split to layers function in flash - which is rather tedious to sort out, especially with complex scenes. I will give it a try as soon as i get back, i'm dead interested to see how this works. Thanks for the link.
--Scott
cribble.net
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I wonder if this violates some kind of copyright?

Some people may not want their SWFs "decompiled".

-vern
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

:!: Then this thread may already violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Be careful if you are an US citizen. People from other countries may discuss this subject freely, as long as they don't physically break copyright protection, because there is probably no "mind police" in your country. ;)
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I'm not suggesting decompiling other peoples swf files. Simply using it for genereate editable fla files from my anime studio swf. Or can you already extract all the symbols from an AS swf file? As I said I haven't had the opportunity to use AS much since school started a year and a half ago and my memory is very -and I mean verrryyy- bad.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You might also want to have a look at swf2fla, which can extract individual elements better that Flash Decompiler in some circumstances. (I've been using decompilers a lot lately -- for perfectly legitimate reasons, I should add...)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?