anybody knows creatoon?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

moorsel

anybody knows creatoon?

Post by moorsel »

Does anybody know creatoon? Usefull? Seems that it is free.

http://www.creatoon.com/index.php

"Due to a recent management decision, we decided to discontinue further developments to update CreaToon. Therefore, CreaToon is now available for FREE download, without further technical support. Don't forget to also download the unlock software, also available on the download page. "

Gr,
Frank
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

No technical support? Sounds like abandonware. Wonder how long it takes before they open source it. Perhaps then it can be ported to other platforms (Linux, Mac OS X) and be supported by volunteers.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

If they would have dropped the price they might of sold more. Just look at "the-tab", over priced and not as many users. More people seem to go for the 3D software nowadays. I prefer the faster rendering in 2D then 3D myself. Anyways, I'll give it a try but I like AnimeStudio's features by far. Thanks for posting this info. :wink:
p6r

Post by p6r »

And The TAB 2.2 pro is now $ 299 instead of $ 599 !!!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

@p6r: Wow, it seems they are taking Anime Studio Pro seriously now.
p6r

Post by p6r »

@Rasheed : Maybe... :wink:
The price was very too high... even if it is a very good drawing program !

@Moorsel : Thanks for the info : I had tested Creatoon a long time ago... And I didn't understand what to do...

Now at this "price" I have tested again and with the very good tutorials they have to download I could understand very quickly how it runs and Creatoon seems to be a good program to create animations !
And they have a very good tutorial to learn about the transparency (not only for Creatoon) of the different elements you have to insert to animate.

People who have AS or The TAB or other programs with a timeline will work quickly with Creatoon...
BUT don't forget : You can NOT draw with it... "Only" animate !!!
The400th

Post by The400th »

The Tab is competing with Toon Boom Studio - look at their product range, it's almost identical to Toon Boom's. Harlequin = Harmony, Bravo = Solo, The Tab = Toon Boom Studio, Tab Lite = Toon Boom Express.

As regards Creatoon, it hasn't been updated since 2004, and it is so simple that LM could probably have made a better version in a few days. I doubt it'll be open sourced, it was created with EU money, and would probably be a nightmare to sort out the paperwork (unlike Blender, which was owned by a company).

Why not stick with AS, which is much more powerful and is being supported? :D