Here they come!!!

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TDolce

Here they come!!!

Post by TDolce »

I see now that ToonBoom has borrowed off of the kinematics technology in their latest and greatest 2D animation package called "Symphony"

Here is a quote pulled from their announcement:

Montreal (October 4, 2004) – Toon Boom Animation announced today the release of Symphony. With powerful features – such as morphing, basic inverse kinematics and “glue” - that enhance the paperless animation production process, Symphony enables studios to produce digital animation of the highest quality.

Advanced drawing and asset management tools combined with a seamless, integrated workflow make Symphony the solution of choice for any studio that aims to save significant overhead costs while adding value to their animations. Building on the advanced features provided by Opus and Concerto, Symphony adds morphing, basic inverse kinematics and “glue” (automatic joint connecting) to your toolset.

"Symphony culminates everything that has been done in animation technology by pushing further the boundaries of creativity and efficiency. This tool brings to the table high-tech features that will not only raise the quality of animation but also reduce significantly the cost of producing animation," shared Joan Vogelesang, President and Chief Executive Officer at Toon Boom.

http://www.toonboom.com/company/press.php?id=symphony
Todd Dolce
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yep, Symphony was discussed here on the forum a while back:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=409
7feet

Post by 7feet »

But, once again a sticking point is a probable price about 50 times Moho's. I sure wouldn't be able to get near it without a long lost relative inheritance...

--Brian
TDolce

Post by TDolce »

Sorry LM,...I guess I need some catching up.

Yeah that price thing is a bit of an obstacle for me too. Perhaps a 95% discount might allow me to seriously look at it.

TD
Todd Dolce