A cheap Flash?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

red hamster

A cheap Flash?

Post by red hamster »

http://www.sothink.com/product/swfquicker/index.htm

Look this software: it could be used with AS ( button, actionscript simple routines etc) ?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Seems ok.

Sothink SWF Quicker is only available for Windows, while Flash is available for Windows and Mac OS X. A pitty, because a relatively large portion of creative people use a Mac, and have not yet switched to an Intel version.
myles

Post by myles »

Note that on a very simple test I did with the trial version, SwishMax enables you to import AS-generated SWF files, each as a separate SWF scene, so it works well for stitching scenes together as well as other SWF editing.
(SwishMax is also Windows-only software.)
SwishMax does cost a bit more than SWF quicker - US$100 vs US$59.

Based on a trial version, SWF Quicker will allow you to import a single AS-generated SWF file, add sounds and other editing, but doesn't work as well for stitching multiple SWF files together.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Can Max deals with swf file generated by AS? Swish Max do not use action script, it has another scripting language , I guess.
myles

Post by myles »

red hamster wrote:Can Max deals with swf file generated by AS?
Well, I probably tested it (trial version, now expired) with Moho 5.4 or 5.3, and it worked fine with the SWF files from that version (very simple rectangle and ellipse files, with simple point translation). You'd have to download the trial version if you want to try it specifically with AS 5.5 output.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Mmmmmmmmmmm let's see what I can do, then. :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't understand why there are these "alternatives" to Flash that are Windows only? It makes no sense. It seems counterintuitive. It's as annoying as Photoshop plugins that only work on Windows.

--------------------------
On a side note...

Cheap Flash?

I almost thought this was spam!

... no really... I almost thought this was spam...

;)

Mr. Hamster, or can I call you Red? You have a very large... signature. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase... "elephant in the room".

-vern
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I Adblocked that signature image from mister Hamster (FireFox extension). I don't think images belong in signatures, so I cut those out.

About Flash wannabe software for Windows, I think that is a typical Windows behavior. Give them all they want, and even more. In general, Mac users are just more refined (some might say "snooty"). They don't need no hundred programs to do the same thing slightly different.

Anyway, in the Mac community, a Flash imitator would probably cost around 29 USD, or less, because many lone Cocoa developers are just satisfied by the notion that people actually are using their app, and are finding it useful. That is more than any amount of money can do to them. Lone developers are often leading the way in innovation for larger software companies, even Apple. In the Windows community it is often grab their money while you can, even if your software is crappy and full of bugs.

In that respect, Anime Studio is not your typical Mac program, nor was Moho. Far too expensive and the gui is very unlike other Mac apps. Hardly intuitive, and if you'd asked me, as ugly as a fat man's behind.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have a... sort of... fat man's behind (I really should give it back) and have been told it is quite attractive.

I suppose it is a matter of personal taste.

;)

-vern
cribble

Post by cribble »

YES, GIVE THAT BACK... what have you been doing with it? you dirty, dirty man!

And i love Red's signitures, give him a break.
--Scott
cribble.net
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I removed Wolly the Mammuth and add Nelson , the furry hamster, instead

Talking about Swish , I had to dl the demo and see if it can interact with asp code.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I like your new avatar much better Mr. Hamster. Your efforts are appreciated.

I liked the other one as a fun thing to look at... once or twice when in the mood. It was seeing it 5 times on one screen that caused the anxiety attacks and a sudden urge to curl up in a ball under my desk.

;)

-vern
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

My cat thinks you are delicious, mr Hamster ;)

just kidding.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Wolly , the battling mammut , has rush too ..I finish my cartoon with him as a character several months ago and hope that I 'll do the english version, powered by microsoft sam until the end of the year.

I need a cheap flash animator for a website with an Access db and Asp code, I need just some flash graphic capability for the interface; I planning to do animations with characters using AS and then put them in the website.