Manga Studio

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CowsCanFly

Manga Studio

Post by CowsCanFly »

I just bought Manga Studio and Anime Studio.

I know how to use Anime Studio (i'm a moho user seince moho 4), and i bought Manga Studio to draw manga charecters to my animations.

I opend the program (Manga Studio) and did not understand a thing!

Please halp me, maybe give me please totorials and\or tips, or just tell me how to draw an anime cherecter...

I will be very happy if you'll help me,
Jack.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

http://www.e-frontier.com/go/mangastudio/tutorials

Found through Google seach "manga studio tutorial".
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

Rasheed wrote:http://www.e-frontier.com/go/mangastudio/tutorials

Found through Google seach "manga studio tutorial".
Thank you, but i tried that already... i couldan't find anything that can halp me drawing a simple manga cheracter...

Thx anyway,
Jack.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hi Cowscanfly,

In my opinion, drawing in manga studio is excellent.

What kind of problems are you running into?
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

I think he means he can't find any tools that automate the construction of basic manga characters and their various features, such as a tool that would generate a head/eye/body automatically... like what you'd find in Poser or various game titles that permit the creation of custom characters from a list of presets.

If I remember correctly, Manga Studio is primarily a page layout app geared toward creating manga style frame templates and certain effects like action/speed lines, along with some basic vector drawing tools thrown in with it.

Anyway, assuming the above issue is the case, then what CowsCanFly needs to do, is begin researching the basics behind drawing the human form followed by a crash course in anime/manga character design.

I personally prefer the How to Draw Anime & Game Characters series by Tadashi Ozawa. It's a brief five volume set of books that does a fairly good job of covering the basics of anime/manga character design and poses.
8==8 Bones 8==8
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Yup, good call Bones3D.

If he has the EX version, then he could import one of the human 3DLT characters, pose them and trace the figure.

But i really like the drawing tools within MS.

He called practice drawing anime characters by importing images onto a separate layer and drawing over them.

a good source for images is here:

http://www.anime-model-sheets.com/
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

Thank you a lot guys!!!

I thought MS will halp me drawing a manga charecter...
so i'll check out the links you gave me.

Thanks again,
Jack
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hi Jack!

No problem. Manga Studio is primarily for creating professional comic books and has the tools needed to layout and publish them. It is used by many digital artists in the manga world in Japan.

But it can be used to draw and export and then bought into Anime studio (or anything else)

By the way, did you buy the Debut version or the EX version?

OH, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND reading the BEGINNERS guide PDF, which you can access from HELP in the top tool bar and check out the samples supplied.
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

Patmals wrote:Hi Jack!

No problem. Manga Studio is primarily for creating professional comic books and has the tools needed to layout and publish them. It is used by many digital artists in the manga world in Japan.

But it can be used to draw and export and then bought into Anime studio (or anything else)

By the way, did you buy the Debut version or the EX version?

OH, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND reading the BEGINNERS guide PDF, which you can access from HELP in the top tool bar and check out the samples supplied.
I have the EX version, and i'll try the beginners guide.
THX,
Jack.