poser6 or magna studio offer

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

moorsel

poser6 or magna studio offer

Post by moorsel »

Being a hobiest I have a limited budget, nevertheless I want to profit from the offer that came with the moho->as upgrade. I don't know what to choose: Poser6 or Magna Studio. I already profited from the free Poser5 offer a few weeks back. So is Poser6 a huge improvement over Poser5? Also for a hobby user? Currently I use the free Microsoft Expression Graphic Designer CTP to make drawings which I import into AS/Moho. Can Magna Studio be used for this also and is it better and more exentensive to do this job or is it for doing other things?

Any ideas?

Gr,
Frank
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hi Moorsel,

I havent got Poser 6 (stuck with 5 for a while now) but with Manga Studio EX, i like the 3d figures you can use to help you draw. im not sure if its in the demo version but in the materials folder there are 3 'dummies' you can use and they are posable. you can also import ofher stuff too if you want. check out the information on the website.

I may take advantage of the poser 6 upgrade though. seems more smoother and i think the poser export python script "works" with it (i couldnt get it to work on Poser 5)
moorsel

Post by moorsel »

is magna studio more a vector based drawing program like illustrator, coreldraw, xara etc. or more a pixel based drawing program like photoshop, paint shop pro, artweaver, dogwaffle etc.

Gr,
Frank
PixelDust

Post by PixelDust »

Manga Studio can do both vector and raster (pixel) artwork. From what I understand, you can only export files as raster (pixels), not vector. It was originally designed to do black and white/grayscale manga comics, but you can do color.

Please don't ask me how though - I just bought it the other day :)
hnguyen

Post by hnguyen »

What came with my free Poser 5 was a coupon code for 10% off. Just wonder if anyone has used it with special offer for Moho user. It's very tempting :D

Hung
Sequent

Post by Sequent »

I think Manga Studio is more of a pixel app.

Here's the thing... if you have Poser5, then I might lean more towards Manga Studio. Since you can only choose one item.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. If you don't think you need it/will use it - then there's no point to having either. :D

You should check at www.e-frontier.com and see because I know there used to be a demo that you could download. Then you could get a better idea of what Manga Studio can do.