Freeware to convert .fla or .swf to .png or .jpg?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bee-ruce2

Freeware to convert .fla or .swf to .png or .jpg?

Post by Bee-ruce2 »

Hi. Just wondering if anyones aware of any freeware that will allow you to transfer .fla or .swf files to .png or .jpg files that can then be imported to Moho. Thanks.
myles

Post by myles »

At http://www.avi-swf-convert.com/ there is a program to convert .swf to .avi, then you could use other software to convert the .avi into an image sequence (for instance, IrfanView can extract a .bmp sequence from .avi files).

Of course, this won't preserve transparency, won't work with .swf files that involve interactivity, and may not preserve other .swf features.

If you have the original .fla files, can you render from Flash instead?

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Bee-ruce2

Post by Bee-ruce2 »

Thanks for the reply. Had a look at the converter you pointed me to........unfortunately....I'm using a Mac and the downloaded app. file is an .exe file. Regarding..."if you have the original .fla files, can you render from Flash instead?"........Unfortunately....I don"t own Flash. Hopefully theres another converter app. thats Mac friendly?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Try googling for some Flash decompilers. Kind of an iffy area (!) but it may halp you break down swf files and reassemble them into bitmap sequences. You could try a couple of demos out and see if they work, anyway...shouldn't cost you anything...!

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
NukaCola

Post by NukaCola »

i know Flash To Video Encoder PRO version be geovid can grab images in various formats from a flash file. but its not a freeware, but the trial is fully functional. so you can try it out.
here you go
The400th

Post by The400th »

As a last resort you could do a screen grab of every frame.
NukaCola

Post by NukaCola »

as an alternative +)))
and ABSOLUTELY FREE