Free POSER 5 - 4 days only

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Patmals

Free POSER 5 - 4 days only

Post by Patmals »

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/ ... duct_21989

you might as well register with contentparadise as they will be holding extra content for Anime Studio!
JCook

Post by JCook »

Has anyone successfully downloaded this? The files are huge, and I've been trying to download it for a couple of hours now. I'm downloading the Mac version on a T1 high-bandwidth connection, and it's stuck on 18.7 MB out of 300 MB, and has been that way for a long time. It's estimating 1 day, 18 hours and 42 minutes remaining in the download, but it's not progressing at all. The progress bar is still active, so it hasn't quit yet. I'm using Safari. Maybe I should try Internet Explorer for this download.

Jack
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

The site don't works
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

red hamster wrote:The site don't works
It's very slow. Takes a while to load. Then you have to set up an account which sends you an email to activate. That is also very slow.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

J. Baker wrote:It's very slow. Takes a while to load. Then you have to set up an account which sends you an email to activate. That is also very slow.
i received the mail, and activated my account... but i can't find the download link... :shock:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

JCook wrote:Has anyone successfully downloaded this? The files are huge, and I've been trying to download it for a couple of hours now. I'm downloading the Mac version on a T1 high-bandwidth connection, and it's stuck on 18.7 MB out of 300 MB, and has been that way for a long time. It's estimating 1 day, 18 hours and 42 minutes remaining in the download, but it's not progressing at all. The progress bar is still active, so it hasn't quit yet. I'm using Safari. Maybe I should try Internet Explorer for this download.

Jack
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Internet Explorer is no better -- I've got an 8Meg DSL line, and I've been having exactly the same problems earlier in the day, and now can't even start the download (traffic, I would guess!)...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Traffic. I saw the news posted on a few big sites so I bet they are getting huge amounts of people.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
JCook

Post by JCook »

I guess I'll keep trying.

Jack
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

I've also been plagued with download problems from Content Paradise. I purchased the Poser 6 upgrade for electronic delivery and cannot seem to get the download to work. I can see a bandwidth cap being justified for the freebie, but content I paid good money for should not be affected.

Anyway, I've left a support ticket with them, but I have not yet heard anything back from them.
8==8 Bones 8==8
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

JCook wrote:Maybe I should try Internet Explorer for this download.
Already tried it... no difference whatsoever.
8==8 Bones 8==8
JCook

Post by JCook »

I've tried several times every day to download the free Poser, and have not been successful yet. In fact often I can't even load up CP's home page, let alone my member page.

Jack
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Well, I've managed to get as much as 300MB of the necessary 630MB for Poser 6, but their server is set up really weird when it comes to file transfers, apparently.

Usually, an overtaxed server connection would simply timeout, causing any file transfers to cease as incomplete, which would at least allow the user to resume their download at a later time.

In the case of Content Paradise though, the server seems to issue an End of File signal, instead of simply timing out, rendering the portion of the file you did manage to get completely unusable... even for resuming the download. So, if their server cuts off the connection before your download is finished, you're forced to start the entire download from the very beginning all over again.

As it is, I've probably taken up more of their bandwidth (pushing 900MB of transfer) *trying* to get a 630MB file from them multiple times. It's no wonder their server is always so overcrowded... no one can actually "complete" a download before they get that dreaded End of File signal, forcing them all to restart their download from scratch... again and again and again... etc...

Sadly, this severely lowers my opinion of Content Paradise, and in turn, E-frontier themselves.
8==8 Bones 8==8
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I was able to download it late the day it was first posted on this forum. If you haven't tried off peak download maybe it will work for you.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

bupaje wrote:I was able to download it late the day it was first posted on this forum. If you haven't tried off peak download maybe it will work for you.
Actually, I'm on my fifth attempt (1.3GB transfer wasted so far) in the last 24 hours. So far, this one seems to be working, but with one key difference...

Immediately after the site accepted the download request, I closed the window containing the Content Paradise webpage.

My guess, is that the wonky interface their site uses is discreetly phoning back home to the server every couple minutes for some reason. (Probably ad related or browser activity tracking.) Guess there truly is no such thing as a "free" lunch... or software.

Anyway, I'd recommend anyone having download issues try killing off any Content Paradise windows during the download.
8==8 Bones 8==8
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Finally!

It seems killing the Content Paradise windows in the browser does allow a download to proceed to completion without interruption.
8==8 Bones 8==8