Project Dogwaffle Pro

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ingie01

Project Dogwaffle Pro

Post by ingie01 »

Anyone familiar with this application? Looks interesting-Lua used.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

nope, link, pic anything?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I've played with it quite a bit and I prefer it over Art Rage or other "natural material" programs. But Bupaje has bought it, and even written lua extensions for it.

Bupaje?
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

Dogwaffle... ummm, Windows only. Amateur product, imho.

Owner is good at marketing, though.

Dogwaffle web site, one of the ugliest I've ever seen :P

Painter is a much better alternative, may cost a bit more, but it is multi-platform. Or artRage would do pretty much the same thing, and is also multiplatform. Has both a free version and a 20 dollar version. ArtRage also has a forum, much like this one, for support and such.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I haven't written any, just created some presets for the particle brush.

http://stormvisions.com/pages/art-design/dogwaffle.php

It has a bit of a different interface but is very cool actually. I've only used the demo but love some of the brushes. They just spun off a new product -just the particle brush tool - and it is only $19.

http://www.thebest3d.com/pdp/index.html

As soon as I can I am going to get it. I tried making some 'cartoon' presets for the brush and had a few simple ones that worked good but I never went to far with it because I was only toying with the demo.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Actually, I'm pretty excited about the animation features in combination with Moho oops-- Anime Studio.
Has anyone investigated that aspect?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

ingie01 wrote:Actually, I'm pretty excited about the animation features in combination with Moho oops-- Anime Studio.
Has anyone investigated that aspect?
Over on animation forum there has been some stuff written on this. Get yourself over there and do a search! The thread is something like "animation for free"...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Thanks, checked it out- not very much info on animation features. a bit sophomoric....oh well.
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I am learning through web searches that dogwaffle is a bit limited in the animation area. Only imports sequential images no avi or mov import. exports the same.Good for occasional post work. Bauhaus Mirage is a better bet for import export and special effects (a non linear editor)
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Yeah, I would not animate anything in it. But it does have lua scripting, and for what I was looking for (natural trees, plants, shrubs, etc.) it worked well. It was easier for me than Art Rage. But for animation, it would be very difficult.
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

OOOOOps! update.....
I purchased PD Pro. It will import avi. it will export avi. It will do a lot more than what I had previously found or interpreted with animation. I just tried it with an export from Moho using Cinepac codex by radius. Worked like a charm.
Stay tuned..... I just got it one day ago(learning curve ya know)
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Traditional animation with PD Pro - one of the reasons i decided to buy this a few weeks ago.

http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/art/ ... raditional

I failed when i first tried to purchase Moho so i went looking at other options.

Don't get me wrong, i will indeed by Moho / Anime Studio when i my credit card allows me..:)
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Thanks for the link. I also own Bauhaus Mirage, some close similiarities with my limited knowledge of PD Pro
pwyskowski

Post by pwyskowski »

PD Pro is a pretty fun program to work with. I love the combination of the natural media, animation tools, and particle system. The program is also set up to easily make your own plugins/tools. It uses LUA scripting and also has a SDK that works very nicely with Visual Basic. I am very happy I made the purchase a few months ago. :D

In fact, the program inspired me so much, I started creating my own plugins for it. Right now, most of them are transitions but I am working towards making special fx type filters. If you a PD Pro or PD Artist user, feel free to check out my plugins. You can find them here.

Any input would be appreciated. :)

8) -Paul- 8)
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

pwyskowski wrote:PD Pro is a pretty fun program to work with. I love the combination of the natural media, animation tools, and particle system. The program is also set up to easily make your own plugins/tools. It uses LUA scripting and also has a SDK that works very nicely with Visual Basic. I am very happy I made the purchase a few months ago. :D

In fact, the program inspired me so much, I started creating my own plugins for it. Right now, most of them are transitions but I am working towards making special fx type filters. If you a PD Pro or PD Artist user, feel free to check out my plugins. You can find them here.

Any input would be appreciated. :)

8) -Paul- 8)
HI Paul,

I downloaded the already!
Good work, but i didnt realise there was a commercial version as well?