TAB - Moho like Animation software

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

TAB - Moho like Animation software

Post by DK »

Anyone ever seen this app before?
http://www.the-tab.com/htm/product/product.htm

D.K
jeff

Post by jeff »

I reviewed The Tab 2.2 for a UK webzine two years ago.

http://www.biganimation.com/magazine/ne ... p?zoneid=7

I pulled my punches in the review for reasons I won't go into, but let's just say that although I was given an unrestricted full copy of the software, I never bothered to register it and I later removed it completely from my computer without shedding any tears.

Whether it has improved in the meantime, I don't know, but of course Moho has and from the link you put up, it looks rather as though The Tab is still the same version I reviewed all that time ago...not a good sign!

Jeff
DK

Post by DK »

I wondered why i'd never come across it before...sounds like you hit the nail on the head..:)

D.K
cribble

Post by cribble »

i really don't like the program very much as you have to work in "rooms." And i find it frustrating having to animate a bit of it, and having to pop between the two environments. While moho is all in one environment which equals big boners.
--Scott
cribble.net
DK

Post by DK »

and what about the price tag? :(....seems a little excessive for something that's not up to scratch.

D.K
animatioNZ

Post by animatioNZ »

The-Tab is actually a very good tool for traditional cell animation. The drawing tools are great (unlike Moho's), the auto (shape) tweening actually works much better than Flash. Like Moho, it takes quite a bit of getting used to the way it works but I have had great results from it.

If you really love the way Moho works you probably won't like your first impressions of The-Tab, but if you love Toon Boom you will probably feel at home with The-Tab.

I like Moho, but it is a bit limited in the syle of vector animation you can produce. I keep reading about the problems of head-turn animation in Moho. That is the sort of thing that cell animation is better at (more drawing but also more fluid movement).