Manga Studio

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Manga Studio has full support for working in color already. It's basically up to the user whether or not they utilize it.
8==8 Bones 8==8
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

CartoonM!ke wrote:Got me on the paper and pencil, but at least the computer's a good option :D

You know I totally forgot about the 3D import thang. Yeah, infact on Content Paradise there's a sale on an interior furniture (tables, chairs, stairs, etc) add on for Manga Studio.

And you can save layers (or layer folders/sets) as "Materials" and then all you need to do is drag and drop the layer you want to reuse into the pallette. And when this material is dragged from the material folder/pallette and dropped on the document -- it's in perfect registration compared to the "original layer.

You can export all the pages in a single story and the files are titled in a numbered sequence of files. I think that's a feature of the EX version.

You've inspired me, I'm currently doing the character sheets/model sheets in Manga studio and I'm going to do the storyboard for this short anime I'm planning on doing in Moho. Thanks!
BTW... You might want to check out a show called "Minoriteam" on cartoon network's "adult swim" block. It's actually a pretty good example of a comic/animation merge very similar to what I described. It's like an animatic, but refined for broadcast with synced mouth movements for speech.
8==8 Bones 8==8
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Bones3D wrote:Manga Studio has full support for working in color already. It's basically up to the user whether or not they utilize it.
e-Frontier wrote:By default, Manga Studio is a 2D software dedicated to black and white comic creations...
Yes, you can add color but it is very limited. Only one color to a layer... Most people I know that use MS color it in Photoshop.
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

Bones3D: Minorteam has a season pass on my Tivo! Great stuff, and pretty decent cut-out animation. Not to mention the excellent Kirby chops the art has!

Oh, not to pick on you, Infocentral, but the color abilities of MS isn't that limited.

Here's two pictures, the first and second picture I ever did using Manga Studio and in full color too:

Action Janet:

Nebulae:

The only thing that wasn't done in Manga Studio was the space background in the second picture. Having each individual color in its own layer was actually pretty good, as it allowed me to play with color in a way that I haven't prior to this.

Now if I could do a toon in Moho similar to what I can do in Manga Studio, I'd be a very happy sick twisted puppy :twisted:
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Wow Mike, you're pretty good. 8)
8==8 Bones 8==8
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Very nice!
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

Thanks! :D
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Yep, I agree. In fact you've talked it up enough that if I have left over bookstore money from the school loans I'm going to pick up the basic version. You should get comission.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Just took another survey and it looks like the product is going to be called Anime Studio and they have four prototype box designs...
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I have been playing with demo - pretty neat.

The drawing part is not what interested me (you can draw and color stuff in lots of programs) - although it works as advertised, but what I like was the ease in which one could set up panels on a comic book page(s), add the black dotted shading, plus lots of "manga" filter effects (speed lines), and add the text and caption balloons.

One could do all the same thing in Photoshop or other graphics drawing program, but this is dedicated to just drawing comic books so it speeds the process of making a multi-panel, multi-page comic book up a bit.

If you just buy it to draw things I can think of better programs. But if you have a multipage comic book idea or two this will definitely help one get it finished quicker.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

CartoonM!ke wrote:Bones3D: Minorteam has a season pass on my Tivo! Great stuff, and pretty decent cut-out animation. Not to mention the excellent Kirby chops the art has!

Oh, not to pick on you, Infocentral, but the color abilities of MS isn't that limited.

Here's two pictures, the first and second picture I ever did using Manga Studio and in full color too:

Action Janet:

Nebulae:

The only thing that wasn't done in Manga Studio was the space background in the second picture. Having each individual color in its own layer was actually pretty good, as it allowed me to play with color in a way that I haven't prior to this.

Now if I could do a toon in Moho similar to what I can do in Manga Studio, I'd be a very happy sick twisted puppy :twisted:
Wow ready for her next mission in MO.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Was playing around some more with Manga.
Then I went and checked the price -
$49.99 for basic; $299.99 for Full EX.

Before I would spend $299.99 the full version (which one needs if they want to get all the benefits of the program) I think I would buy Painter for $80 more. Or save up a bunch more money and buy Photoshop (or get it cheaper via eBay or someplace).

One can do the same thing in other graphic programs as Manga, it just takes a bit more planning. Plus the other graphic programs offer lots more drawing tools and graphic possibilities.
Fahim

hi

Post by Fahim »

Interesting thread :) Let me know if I can answer any of your questions on Manga Studio.

CartoonMike has been doing a great job!

Fahim
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Hi Fahim,

As an owner of Manga Studio and other E-frontier software, are there any plans on a nice introduction price?

I do not currently own Moho yet, just playing around the demo at the moment.

Also, will there be any import output functions to connect to some of your other software.

Thanks

Pat
The400th

Post by The400th »

Pat,

If you buy Moho now at $99, that will probably be less than the discount you'd get when it's $299.

I don't know if eFrontier will honor the free upgrades to AS if you buy Moho after they announced it, though. Best check with them.