I gotta get a free video editor

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sacrejacques

I gotta get a free video editor

Post by sacrejacques »

I need a free video editor for windows. I've tried Windows movie maker for a while. It gets the job done and it's easy, but it crashes every 10 seconds and can't handle more than 2 or 3 files at once.

Is there any good editors I'm not noticing, because I've tried tons of editors which don't work!!! :?:
gottsbett

Post by gottsbett »

http://www.zs4.net/

Try this one!
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

The400th

Post by The400th »

Sacrejacques,

You have a problem with your machine, if Moviemaker is crashing like that.

It's unlikely you'll find any suitable editor until you get your machine fixed.
sacrejacques

Post by sacrejacques »

I guess I need a better processor. :shock:
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

gottsbett wrote:http://www.zs4.net/

Try this one!
do you guys who use moho use this one?

is it possible to re-synch audio tracks to mpeg/avi exports from moho? (ive had huge synch issues when exporting moho movies with audio those formats)

RonC
myles

Post by myles »

Personally I think video editing is one of those areas where, like Moho itself, it's worth spending 100 bucks, even if you're a hobbyist.

Worth investigating, for Windows:

Sony's Vegas Movie Studio 6 US$90

Serif's MoviePlus 5 US$80

Pure Motion's EditStudio 5 Home version - US$75, Pro version US$150
As far as I know, this one doesn't handle Moho's alpha channel, so you'd have to use chromakeying for compositing.

rpc9943, as Moho doesn't export MPEG files, either the problem is in the AVI file or in the conversion tool you use to create MPEG.

Note that even if the AVI file is in perfect synch, it may not play back in synch if the media player you use can't keep up (or possibly your CPU is too slow).

I've heard VideoLAN VLC media player is a good media player to try if the problem is in the playback rather than the file.

A decent video editor may help with sound synch problems, whether you need to resize one of the tracks (audio or video), slip the audio track sideways a liitle, or even break up the audio track into separat ebits and re-align the bits. Some video editors can do a little automatic resynching in some cases.
Note: videocaptured MPEG synch (usually due to dropped frames) is a different problem from rendered synch problems.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

myles wrote:(or possibly your CPU is too slow)
a64 3000+

RonC