Mirage or Flipbook

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gottsbett

Mirage or Flipbook

Post by gottsbett »

For a more traditional type of 2d animation software, what one would you sugest?
gottsbett

Post by gottsbett »

Wow no replies, sure far i really like the ease of Flipbook, thinking about buying studio once my skills merit it. Any thoughts?

I really am enjoying Moho so far I just playing no real showable stuff yet.
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

I think MIRAGE is an excelent app to draw directly in table wacom and FLIPBOOK are a LINE TESTER program.
Regards,
Chio
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

I've been playing with the demo of Mirage and having some fun with it. I would strongly suggest d/l the demo from the bauhaus website and using that 30 day demo period. It's not crippled or anything during that period.

Mirage works very well with my Intous II wacom tablet. I have two stylii and Mirage "remembers" which sylus is using which tool, so I can have a blue pencil with one stylus and a black inkpen with the other!

Don't know about flipbook, as they've not bothered to make a Mac version.
gottsbett

Post by gottsbett »

Hey cartoonM!ke just wondering if you have tried the mac version of flipbook out?
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

@gottsbett: Thanx for the heads up for the Max OS X version. I have Panther, not tiger so I can't run it... yet.

However, I did examine the site and to be able to do what Mirage does for $550 one would have to buy the $1000 version of flipbook. Nope, not a viable choice for a at-home animator. My money's still going to Mirage.