Toon Boon Studio, the tab, or this? (or something else?)

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Windmill

Toon Boon Studio, the tab, or this? (or something else?)

Post by Windmill »

I'm stuck! I want to create fun little 2D animations in not too much time but I want them to look reasonably okay... whats quikc, easy etc? This seems pretty good, lip synching is included, but how limited is this to toon boom studio? Also, the tab looks pretty good...
cribble

Post by cribble »

the tab is exactly like flash, but with a different layout and limited scripting.

Toom Boom is alright for animating in, but just like MoHo, it takes time to get to grips with things and learn how to use them effectivly. Personally i think Moho is easier to grasp, but Toom Boom has its advantages... which i haven't discovered yet.
--Scott
cribble.net
stephklein

Post by stephklein »

If you do a quick search on the forums, you'll find a few threads about Moho -vs- Toon Boom
-Steph Klein
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I've got both packages, and I think you are trying to compare two very different things. ToonBoom (I've got version 2) scores highly on its drawing interface and control of camera movements through a scene, while Moho's bone system (including inverse kinematics!) and semi-automatic lip-synching make character development as painless as possible.

You pays your money and you makes your choice.

Hope this helps.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Windmill

Post by Windmill »

Thanks all! :)

I have found through investigation of previous boards that toonboom is for those who want their pictures to "change" whereas this is more for those who want their animation to have a skeleton- which probably decreases the professional look by quite a bit, but makes things considerable more easier.

For me, I think the skeleton is the better choice :D
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Moho can be used to produce professional quality animation -in fact the result really depends on the artist. Its hard to put things in convenient boxes as each has slightly different toolset, niche and workflow. Give it some time and effort and you'll reaaly like Moho. :)
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I really think someone should create a tutorial which shows new Moho users how to set up an animation quickly and easily. LM's manual/tutorial is alright for getting to know Moho better, but there also should be an introductory project tutorial to showcase how easy it is to create an animation in Moho, even for those who have never used Moho.

And then, of course, an intermediate project tutorial for those who have studied Lost Marble's manual.

These and other subjects could be the basis of a Moho Projects Book, a PDF which could be for instance downloaded from LM's Extra Moho Components page, or linked to from LM's Links page.