Windows XP64

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

Windows XP64

Post by cribble »

Anyone had any experience with it? should i upgrade yet? Is it actually good?
--Scott
cribble.net
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...NO! But I'm very intrigated too!!! And when I find some information about it, it seems to me that is not enought info for SO importat event... I think that everybody should be talking about that and almost nobody do it... here at least...
stephklein

Post by stephklein »

A co-worker of mine bought a 64-bit Motherboard and processor, and WinXP64 for his workstation. He spent 2 days trying to get it working properly, but WinXP64 just wasnt compatible with alot of drivers from his other hardware, so in the end he was forced to abandon WinXP64 and just run the 32bit version on his 64bit hardware.

The software itself seems fine, but at this point i think it's still too "young". If you're thinking of upgrading, make sure you do alot of research on the hardware you'll be using to make sure you've got full compatibility.
-Steph Klein
cribble

Post by cribble »

cheers for the answer. I've been reading up on it, infact windows have an actual site where you post questions and stuff. People mainly post complaints though which deserves a "lol" award.

Here's a linkage to the site for those who are curious... and are thinking of going bi!

Windows Xp64 page
--Scott
cribble.net
kingace

Post by kingace »

I have it, and its SUPER fast when I'm doing just Windows functions (everything else isn't written for x64 so its not any faster). I would NOT upgrade, because many drivers arent supported by it. Google desktop, my webcam, my PDA, my old graphics tablet, and a surprising number of games i like crash because of the 64-bit. :? So, honestly, I wouldn't go for it.