MediBang Paint - interesting free comic drawing software

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

exile

Re: MediBang Paint - interesting free comic drawing software

Post by exile »

herbert123 wrote:MediaBang Paint looks interesting, in particular on mobile platforms. I tried it on my Android tablet, and it works well.

But I love painting in Krita, and MB Paint is a bit too shallow for my taste, and I really missed all the options and brush sets I have available in Krita. That said, Krita is more complex.
I'd like to try Krita, but it strikes against my Intel graphic card on my HP Elitebook 2760p. I got it used on eBay for a fraction of the price of a new computer or tablet with an on-screen Wacom digtizer.

If you're happy with another program, why bother with MediBang unless you're just curious or work with children - or seniors? As a member of the latter category, I really appreciate user-friendly applications. It took a while to figure out how to flip a selection, but once understood I'm not likely to forget it.

I think you can make your own brushes in MediBang and Fire Alpaca, but I haven't tested that feature yet.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
obtusity

Re: MediBang Paint - interesting free comic drawing software

Post by obtusity »

exile wrote:
herbert123 wrote:MediaBang Paint looks interesting, in particular on mobile platforms. I tried it on my Android tablet, and it works well.

But I love painting in Krita, and MB Paint is a bit too shallow for my taste, and I really missed all the options and brush sets I have available in Krita. That said, Krita is more complex.
I'd like to try Krita, but it strikes against my Intel graphic card on my HP Elitebook 2760p. I got it used on eBay for a fraction of the price of a new computer or tablet with an on-screen Wacom digtizer.

If you're happy with another program, why bother with MediBang unless you're just curious or work with children - or seniors? As a member of the latter category, I really appreciate user-friendly applications. It took a while to figure out how to flip a selection, but once understood I'm not likely to forget it.

I think you can make your own brushes in MediBang and Fire Alpaca, but I haven't tested that feature yet.
FireAlpaca and MediBang Paint allow 3 types of brushes: (1) built-in brushes (standard round pens, airbrush, mixing watercolour, blur, smudge, and the interesting edge pen - a round pen with an automatic shape outline - somewhat like Moho's blob brush - can be useful for cartooning), (2) bitmap-based (.png) brushes, and (3) script-based brushes (Lua scripting).

Krita does seem nice, and I agree with Steve (exile) - there is no compelling reason to change to FireAlpaca or MediBang Paint on the desktop if you're happy with Krita.